× Members

PIP assessment at home (CAPITA)

More
6 years 5 months ago - 6 years 5 months ago #210081 by Silverfox656
PIP assessment at home (CAPITA) was created by Silverfox656
Hello my name is [removed], I have been trying to get a home assessment for my wife with Capita since Friday 06/04/18. However, each time that I speak to one of the assistants they say that they do not have any for the next two weeks. My wife had an appointment for an assessment this Thursday at 15:50 In Nottingham which She has cancelled due to being in to much pain to travel. I was told today that I should phone everyday to ascertain whether there has been any cancellations. Can you give me some advice please on the best way to deal with this issue. My wife has been on high rate PIP since 2012 with prolapsed discs, type one diabetes for the past 40 years and numerous related problems. Regards Patrick
Last edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #210088 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP assessment at home (CAPITA)
P

I think you are being misled by the Capita phone staff.

If an appointment was made at their offices in Nottingham then she is not going to be given a home assessment without a letter from her GP explaining in unambiguous terms why she cannot attend at their offices.

Without this and despite the suggestions that they are waiting for a home appointment to become avilable, I expect that another appointment at their office will be offered. Unless the situation changes, she must attend this or she risks her claim being closed.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverfox656

More
6 years 5 months ago #210098 by Emeep
Replied by Emeep on topic PIP assessment at home (CAPITA)
Hi, I hope this is of relevance to your situation: today I cancelled a PIP assessment with Capita in Birmingham, and was told that my file was 'open' to either an assessment at a centre, as I'd been sent, or a home visit (which I need). She looked to see if there were any available home appointments on the system but there weren't. She said the procedure was now that the automated appointments system would send another assessment date for the same location, and I would have to send further evidence of my need for a home visit straight away - in the hope of catching up with the automated appointment in the system - following up with a phone call in 7-10 days to see if they've received it. If this isn't processed in time and I receive the automated second appointment I will have to attend it or my claim will be closed.

I'd suggest phoning to ask if your wife is also going to be sent an 'automated' second appointment so that it doesn't catch you off guard before you've got a home assessment arranged.

Best wishes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Silverfox656

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.