× Members

My transfer to PIP!

More
6 years 5 months ago #210338 by marina1
My transfer to PIP! was created by marina1
Hello everyone,
I hope someone can place a full stop at the end of some of my thoughts, as at present all I have in my head are question marks!
I have been claiming Dla for 18 years, ( I am also in the support group for Esa).
I suffer from chronic depression and anxiety ptsd following the traumatic death of my son as he was born at full term, the day he was due some 26 years ago. Since my Dla claim last time, I have now been diagnosed with osteoarthritis in the pelvis and lower spine, a wedge fracture and now fibromyalgia syndrome, which has progressed quite a lot of late in the chronic pain stakes! I am worried that now I need to change over, I have only ever been given the low mobility part of Dla due to the fact I don’t go out anywhere alone,and my mental health issues, but now I also have mobility and personal care issues on top, but never actually advised Dla for extra benefit before.
I am told I need to telephone to say I want to claim for PIP, and after reading notes on here,I need to say I want them to take my Dla notes into account, but this will not cover all my issues now? Will this be a detriment?
Even writing this I feel so anxious, to have to actually ring & speak to someone makes me feel nauseous.
Could anyone advise how long once you have rung to tell them you want to claim you get the forms etc, and how long before your assessment, as my dear husband is hoping, probably beyond hope in trying to take us on holiday at the end of May, as his life needs to have some normality! But I’m sure they will also hold this against me, even though I have to have wheelchair assistance, travel on a scheduled airline as crowds for charter flights make me panic as I have social phobias, and we only go to a place where we have friends! I am wondering if it’s worth it, but I suppose this is what they (Dwp) want us to do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #210351 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My transfer to PIP!
emmpea

The PIP2 should be with you in 7-10 days from your making the call to claim PIP. The overall process takes around 13-16 weeks.

If you are going to be away in May then include the information on the PIP2 form in the Other information section, contact the Assessment Provider for your postcode and I would also write to the DWP making them aware as well so that you are covered if there are issues while you are away, for example an invitation for an assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 5 months ago #210356 by marina1
Replied by marina1 on topic My transfer to PIP!
Thanks Gordon, does everyone have to have a face to face assessment for PIP do you know, I was put in the support group without as I fulfilled the exceptional circumstances ? I’ve read and frightened myself with lots of horror stories of the assessors just turning up, or lying & making things up, my home is my only place I feel anything like safe, so for them to come would be a nightmare, but going out into town is equally terrifying.

More
6 years 5 months ago #210361 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic My transfer to PIP!
emmpea

About 95% of claimants have to have a face to face.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.