× Members

Esa to tax credit confusion

More
6 years 2 months ago #215207 by C
Esa to tax credit confusion was created by C
I need some advise

In the future im trying to look for a job thats about 18 hours a week

I understand you get tax credit if you been on esa and are disabled and a disadvantage of work

After the first year does that stop or is the tax credit like a lifetime award but renewal thing. As pip can be taken away and all that I dont know if it can.go back down to £0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215239 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa to tax credit confusion
C

We don't deal with Tax Credits on the forum, my best advice is that you get face to face advice, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

First just to confirm, you cannot receive ESA and Tax Credits at the same time, for ESA you cannot work for 16 or more hours a week, for Tax Credits you must work for at least 16 hours a week, if classed as disabled, there is no crossover between the two.

As far as I am aware you need to claim Tax Credits each year, you may have seen the adverts on the TV recently reminding claimants to do this.

The following explains claiming due to disability.

www.disabilityrightsuk.org/tax-credits-e...money-due-disability

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215242 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Esa to tax credit confusion
Hi, on this I found the tax credits helpline is useful and they also have a chat facility on their website. I understand there is a working disability element if you work over 16 hrs and coming off ESA. I get cont based ESA and we get tax credits just now, so sometimes you can get both, but this is because mine is cont based I think.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215244 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa to tax credit confusion

Orangeblossom wrote: I get cont based ESA and we get tax credits just now, so sometimes you can get both, but this is because mine is cont based I think.

It will be your partners claim, not yours.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 2 months ago #215257 by Orangeblossom
Replied by Orangeblossom on topic Esa to tax credit confusion
It's a family claim, husband is working yes. They pay child tax credit to me and working part to him.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.