× Members

Waiting for my Tribunal Date

More
6 years 2 months ago #215318 by Tacex
Waiting for my Tribunal Date was created by Tacex
Hi all,
Hi my name is Andy and I am at present waiting for a date for my Tribunal appeal.

Having had my face to face assessment earlier this year for the DLA to PIP process, I was awarded additional care component which is most welcome but they've removed the mobility component of my claim.

Obviously I went through the mandatory appeal process just to get the same outcome and subsequently elected to go to tribunal.

I must explain that I have Ankylosing Spondylitis in my hips, spine and pelvis, Spondylitis and an Osteochondroma on my left hip with lateral nerve damage. Subsequently I use sticks to walk.

When I filled in my application I paid for a complete set of copies of my medical records etc at a cost of £50 as well as supplying all the relevant contact details of all my consultants etc.

So I thought in the meanwhile I'd try and get some additional evidence together as it seems medical records are not sufficient in themselves :angry:

So this morning I called the secretaries of both my Orthopaedic and Rheumatology Consultants, both of which I know very well, only to find that they won't supply further information to myself only directly to the DWP (this due to a process change) so I asked whether the DWP had actually contacted them, only to be told no.

So my question is, why did I have to supply all these contact details initially if they weren't going to contact anybody and how can I get the DWP to actually contact the relevant consultant so that they get the correct medical information on my conditions?

Both secretaries said that both consultants are more than happy to oblige but can only respond to the DWP.

So what do I do?

Thanking you all in advance

Andy

just doin' the do...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 months ago #215325 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Waiting for my Tribunal Date
Andy

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I'm afraid there is no legal requirement for your medical support to be contacted by those assessing you, in fact, it is very rare for this to happen, see

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3721-huge...pip-medical-evidence

As you are now at the appeal stage the DWP will not be sourcing further information so if you want any reports from your Consultants then you are going to have to get it yourself.

Is there anything that they can write now, that is not in the letters that they sent to your GP and that you should have retrieved when you asked for your medical records?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tacex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid