× Members

Pip mobility following court ruling?

More
6 years 1 month ago #215735 by Brad.w
Pip mobility following court ruling? was created by Brad.w
Good morning all I've been reading alot about the changes to pip mobility since the DWP lost on grounds of discrimination against people with mental illness and wondered if someone could clarify if my son would be likely to be one of the ones who get looked at again?
I will try to be brief. Son has Asperger's and social anxiety disorder, was awarded pip in April 2016 (a 2 year award) he got high rate care and standard mobility after scoring 10 points "planning a journey ;you can't undertake any journey because it would cause you significant mental distress", then 0 points on the moving around; you can stand and then move more than 200 metres either aided or unaided" any ideas ?Many thanks. Brad

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215748 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip mobility following court ruling?
Brad

The changes that were made and then unmade did not affect Descriptor (e), which your son scored for. This Decision would have been made because your son was assessed as being unable to go out (undertake a journey) on the majority of days, on this basis I think it unlikely that his award will be revised.

The Descriptors being reviewed are (c), (d) and (e). The last two are considered to be mutually exclusive with Descriptor (e).

The review is not looking at the points scored (or not) for the Moving Around activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #215793 by Brad.w
Replied by Brad.w on topic Pip mobility following court ruling?
Thank you for your reply Gordon. That's a shame . I've just lost all his tax credits due to tax credits not extending an "interruption in education" and will loose 7k a year due to this so was clutching at straws that this pip ruling would help ease this loss.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid