× Members

DLA-PIP planning a route

More
6 years 1 month ago #215925 by wilk
DLA-PIP planning a route was created by wilk
I am in the process of filling in the form for transferring from DLA to PIP.
Am stuck on Q13 which for me is probably the most important.
The 1st question asked on the form is
"Do you need help from another person to plan a route to somewhere you know well" but in the pip assessment guide part 2 it says for (c) "cannot plan the route of a journey" - "the route that is being planned is unfamiliar - one does not need to plan a familiar route" and
(f) "cannot follow the route of a familiar journey without another person......." and goes on to say "the familiar route does not need to be planned - it is familiar".
So both these indicate that you do not need to plan a route for a familiar journey - so why is the 1st question asking you that? Is it a trick question or am I missing something.
I am trying to score points for f as my problems apply to familiar and unfamiliar places the same. Planning is not mentioned in f - should I still mention it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215950 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA-PIP planning a route
Wilk

This question is confusing as it actually addresses two sets of Descriptors with different criteria; (c) and then (d) and (f).

So the planning bit applies only to (c) and the getting there to (d) and (f).

If you are aiming for (f) then you must understand the way that this Descriptor works and the criteria you need to meet. So this is about your following a route and the things that stop you from doing this. Remember that this activity is about the sensory, cognitive or mental health issues that prevent you from navigating the route whilst physical issues are not specifically excluded you are not going to score for them unless you can bring them back to these three core issues.

For a mental health issue, the requirement is that you suffer "severe psychological distress" and that this directly leads to your being unable to follow the route, anxiety will not be considered sufficient to meet the criteria.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.