× Members

Contributary ESA

More
6 years 1 month ago #215934 by Banger
Contributary ESA was created by Banger
Whats the position with Contrib ESA? I was on Incapacity Benefit and was transferred over to Contrib ESA and haven't had an assessment since 2000. Am I on the right benefit? I had a letter in Feb 2018 confirming my Contrib ESA but with this new ruling from the High Court about IR and Contrib being the same benefit I am unsure as I have savings above 16k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #215959 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contributary ESA
Banger

See the following

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/news/3735-esa-...t-many-will-miss-out

You will only be eligible if you are entitled to ESA(IR) which is dependent onon your household income, your savings and assets, and any hours that your partner works. See

Asset and savings rule for ESA(IR)

24 hour work rule for ESA(IR)

Just because you are not eligible now due to your savings does not mean that you weren't in the past.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Banger

More
6 years 1 month ago #215999 by Banger
Replied by Banger on topic Contributary ESA
Sorry Gordon you have misread my post. I am currently on Contrib. ESA also known as EESA on bank statement. I have been since my transfer from IB in around 2010. How come I am on Contrib ESA as if I was on IR ESA I would probably not be getting any ESA.

I thought Contrib ESA depended on NI Stamps of which I have many years but surely they will run out?

More
6 years 1 month ago #216000 by Banger
Replied by Banger on topic Contributary ESA
www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/employment-and...upport-allowance-esa

Found the answer above as long as it is up to date with new ruling?

More
6 years 1 month ago #216010 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contributary ESA
Banger

I haven't misread your post :)

As the link I provided explains, IB claimants were transferred to ESA(CB) as a continuation of their claim, at that time they should have also been assessed for an ESA(IR) top-up but this did not happen. The DWP is now evaluating claimants entitlement to that ESA(IR) top-up from when they transferred to ESA until the current date.

NI Contributions do not "run out" as long as the claimant has a continuous claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #216031 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Contributary ESA
Please don't tell me off if I'm doing a whoopsie here but, for others that might be in the
same boat as Banger..............Do they need to check their savings retrospectively from
2011 and also, can someone please clarify what exactly is regarded as an asset?

Many really peeved,I suspect,that having no knowledge that this underpayment was possible in the
first place, savings status will probably now prevent back payment of £20K+ weekly
increase of £62 ish.

Wondering also if there's an example of form DWP sending through post with the tear off
slip available to see online anwhere.

My most humble apologies if I've goofed here in any way.

Kindest of regards

P.
:woohoo:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.