× Members

Blue badge renewal

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #216041 by sharonselliennell
Blue badge renewal was created by sharonselliennell
Hi, I am in the middle of a blue badge renewel and they have asked for a copy of a recent awards sheet for this year, I was awarded pip from 2016 to 2020 so was wondering how to get proof for this year as they say they need for this year, sorry if this sounds a little muddled up but I cant think straight at the moment. but thank you all the same.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216043 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue badge renewal

sharon wrote: Hi, I am in the middle of a blue badge renewel and they have asked for a copy of a recent awards sheet for this year, I was awarded pip from 2016 to 2020 so was wondering how to get proof for this year as they say they need for this year, sorry if this sounds a little muddled up but I cant think straight at the moment. but thank you all the same.

This used to be easy with DLA but is less so with PIP, so you actually need to send the pages from your original Decision Letter that detail your award and you should have received an annual payment letter, send this as well. You need both as neither has all the information needed for the renewal.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharonselliennell

• sharonselliennell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #216044 by sharonselliennell
Replied by sharonselliennell on topic Blue badge renewal
Hi, yes I did send these but got a reply to send an updated awards, will I have to get intouch with them to send me another copy or another dated from now. Thank you for your recent reply.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ellen

More
6 years 1 month ago #216045 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue badge renewal

sharon wrote: Hi, yes I did send these but got a reply to send an updated awards, will I have to get intouch with them to send me another copy or another dated from now. Thank you for your recent reply.

You can try contacting the DWP for updated documentation but I think you will struggle to get it, the two sets of documents should have been sufficient, the Decision Letter confirms your award and how it was made up and the annual entitlement letter shows that it is still in payment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 1 month ago #216157 by callalily
Replied by callalily on topic Blue badge renewal
Hi I had the exact same problem, the local authority would not accept my original decision letter or my annual payment letter!! I had to phone the DWP and ask for an updated copy of my decision letter. Just explain when you ring that it's for your Blue Badge renewal. Hope that helps.

More
6 years 1 month ago #216211 by pusscatsmum
Replied by pusscatsmum on topic Blue badge renewal
Hi, exactly the same as myself when I had to renew my blue badge 3 months ago. The LA will not accept original paperwork or the annual update re up payment. They now insist on you contacting the DWP for a copy of the form with the now date on it. When husband/ carer phoned in in regards to it the DWP were most helpful and said this is what the LA's now insist upon, time wasting and financially stupid to have to do this for one and all. It arrived 3 days later with no hassle. Someone needs to get their MP to look at this farce and get it stopped pronto as tis the tax payer again footing this ridiculous nonsense. So if it continues it will mean that those on 'longer term' no need for assessments will still in a way have to go thru nonsense to get a form updated every time the blue badge needs renewing along with the £10 you have to pay every 3 years . Absolute nonsense.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.