× Members

PIP Award - Review Period

More
5 years 7 months ago #217646 by PC Pilot
Replied by PC Pilot on topic PIP Award - Review Period
Hi TGGTF,

Thanks for the Sarah Newton update, do you think that this (from one of my earlier posts)

You are probably already aware of this 'supposedly' internal DWP guidance document (presumably for DM's) on the subject available elsewhere on the web

{Without intending to infringe any forum regulations....please remove if this is the case...}

they are available here

<dwpexamination.org/forum/pip-dla-topics/...ard-periods-for-pip/ > and here

<www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/13254/#61743 > might this be evidence of the implementation of the minister's words?

is the updated guidance issued to Case Managers (and dated 8th August......which was BEFORE the decision was reached on my award btw!) to which she refers?

If so, if you apply the details I have provided in summary to my award I can only see a pathway to 'ongoing award' ten year light touch....do you get the same result using the flow chart in the links provided?

Again assuming that you get to the same result as I did, why on earth does mine require reviewing in 2021? I can only assume that the assessors (as medical experts!) view trumps the intention of the Minister and (so by implication) the government...…..you just couldn't script this!!

My only hope is that the guidance referred to by the Minister should be retrospectively applied to those cases which satisfy the criteria.....but again as noted previously

....and whether it will be applied retrospectively to cases (like mine) which already satisfy the criteria? Even if only as a money saving measure!!/

..and response

I don't expect this to something which will retrospectively applied.

Gordon

this would seem unlikely :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217679 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic PIP Award - Review Period

Neil wrote: Hi TGGTF,

Thanks for the Sarah Newton update, do you think that this (from one of my earlier posts)

You are probably already aware of this 'supposedly' internal DWP guidance document (presumably for DM's) on the subject available elsewhere on the web

{Without intending to infringe any forum regulations....please remove if this is the case...}

they are available here

<dwpexamination.org/forum/pip-dla-topics/...ard-periods-for-pip/ > and here

<www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/viewthread/13254/#61743 > might this be evidence of the implementation of the minister's words?

is the updated guidance issued to Case Managers (and dated 8th August......which was BEFORE the decision was reached on my award btw!) to which she refers?

If so, if you apply the details I have provided in summary to my award I can only see a pathway to 'ongoing award' ten year light touch....do you get the same result using the flow chart in the links provided?

Again assuming that you get to the same result as I did, why on earth does mine require reviewing in 2021? I can only assume that the assessors (as medical experts!) view trumps the intention of the Minister and (so by implication) the government...…..you just couldn't script this!!

My only hope is that the guidance referred to by the Minister should be retrospectively applied to those cases which satisfy the criteria.....but again as noted previously

....and whether it will be applied retrospectively to cases (like mine) which already satisfy the criteria? Even if only as a money saving measure!!/

..and response

I don't expect this to something which will retrospectively applied.

Gordon

this would seem unlikely :(

Neil, your welcome buddy, to be honest I find this whole thing a complete mess, I don't know when that was implemented to case managers.

I have seen that document from rightsnet too, I'm not sure how they come to these conclusions and award lengths?

I've got to be honest perhaps mine was done on a good day and the assessor was happy about something in her life and she diden't lie on anything, and have to admit it was a well documented report she had done and added everything and all my further medical evidence aswell and stated no further review required, to me I so hope they just leave me alone now.

And I'm still worried about this light touch review it's ridiculous I know I should be grateful.
All I can say Neil is try to make the best of a bad job I know it's not right you've only been given that time I know I just couldent cope with it all again.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217730 by PC Pilot
Hi TGGTF,

I agree completely, and like yourself I feel like I couldn't go through it all again for MR and beyond in the hopes of an ongoing review as I am already absolutely drained by the whole experience to date.

That said, I did not wish to leave everything as it is without voicing my concerns to a wider audience and this is the reason I have contacted my MP (who just happens also to be the Shadow Sec for Work & Pensions). To be specific I have highlighted the unnecessary cost that these entirely unwarranted reviews create (challenge gov on their own ground) as well of course as the personal impact on health and well being.

Probably will fall on deaf ears as with most aspects of welfare reform......but you never know!!

Keep well, we mustn't let the b*****s grid us down !!

More
5 years 7 months ago #217757 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

Neil wrote: Hi TGGTF,

I agree completely, and like yourself I feel like I couldn't go through it all again for MR and beyond in the hopes of an ongoing review as I am already absolutely drained by the whole experience to date.

That said, I did not wish to leave everything as it is without voicing my concerns to a wider audience and this is the reason I have contacted my MP (who just happens also to be the Shadow Sec for Work & Pensions). To be specific I have highlighted the unnecessary cost that these entirely unwarranted reviews create (challenge gov on their own ground) as well of course as the personal impact on health and well being.

Probably will fall on deaf ears as with most aspects of welfare reform......but you never know!!

Keep well, we mustn't let the b*****s grid us down !!

Neil hang in there buddy I know it's draining to say the least, you will get there I'm sure.
I know Debbie Abrahams who was the shadow work and pensions, she is a star and has been a rock to me and No she is not my MP I meet her a few years ago and did some work for her then I became ill and she has helped me.. Get the help from the MP you know as they hate what this lot is doing to us.

I've just had my decision on my ESA and was kept in the Support group Paper Based.

You to Neil keep well as you can my friend you will get what you deserve.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
5 years 7 months ago #217783 by PC Pilot
TGGTF

Have just posted my congratulations to your post concerning your ESA result but I am pleased to repeat it here.....well done mate, I so feel your relief!! I hope that you will now be able to get on and enjoy things once again, with at least some quality of life now your awards are rightly in place!!

Thank you for the kind support offered to me (and others) it is so much appreciated when we are under the sort of stress we are forced to endure. Your result is richly deserved.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

More
5 years 7 months ago #217802 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar

Neil wrote: TGGTF

Have just posted my congratulations to your post concerning your ESA result but I am pleased to repeat it here.....well done mate, I so feel your relief!! I hope that you will now be able to get on and enjoy things once again, with at least some quality of life now your awards are rightly in place!!

God bless you Neil .... I will keep in touch on here.
Thank you for the kind support offered to me (and others) it is so much appreciated when we are under the sort of stress we are forced to endure. Your result is richly deserved.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.