× Members

ESA. Assessment Report

More
6 years 1 week ago #218169 by QWERTY
ESA. Assessment Report was created by QWERTY
Hi,

I called the dwp a couple of weeks ago to request a copy of the assessment report of my ESA review. The advisor said I had been awarded 18 months sg and took note of my request.
I haven't received anything yet and wondered if you would advise calling them again ? I don't know if there is a limited amount of time that they can send these things out.

I wasn't sent for a face to face medical and am wondering if there would be an assessment report
in this situation? Also I'm bit worried at how short the award time is, does this mean I am going to be reassessed right away ? Will this affect my ongoing pip award? My medical evidence didn't contradict pip info

Do you know how long ESA is usually awarded for, I was over 3 years since my last assessment and health has worsened since then. I'm in a UC area, would that affect things?
Generally worried about what it all means, can you give me any advice on what I should be doing at this point?
Thanks for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 week ago - 6 years 1 week ago #218171 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA. Assessment Report
QWERTY

I would expect you to have received the report in no more than 7-10 days, it's called an ESA85A.

ESA claims are reassessed when the prognosis date is met so it should be the full 18 months before you receive a new ESA50.

There is no standard award length for the ESA SG, they can be anytime from 3 months to three years. Your being in a UC area is not relevant to the length of the award.

I would relax and enjoy your award until early 2020.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 1 week ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 3 days ago - 6 years 3 days ago #218303 by QWERTY
Replied by QWERTY on topic ESA. Assessment Report

Gordon wrote: QWERTY

I would expect you to have received the report in no more than 7-10 days, it's called an ESA85A.

ESA claims are reassessed when the prognosis date is met so it should be the full 18 months before you receive a new ESA50.

Hi,
Still not received the assesment report, think I might have to contact them.Do you know if they have an assessment report when a decision is made on the evidence submitted, without a f-f medical? Not really sure how the process is done.

Also, you mentioned the prognosis date-. my medical evidence stated that my condition was long term, had worsened and was not expected to improve. Does this mean that they didn't accept the medical evidence?

I have an ongoing award for 10 years for pip, but am now worried that this ESA decision undermines that.Would the length of ESA award, or maybe how the points were awarded, have an impact on a pip award?
Thanks for your help .
Last edit: 6 years 3 days ago by Gordon. Reason: corrected quote

More
6 years 3 days ago #218305 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA. Assessment Report
QWERTY

Yes, I would chase the report. Yes, there is an assessment report when a PBR is done, as I said it is called an ESA85A.

Assessors are required to provide a prognosis date and the guidelines they work to require this to be no more than three years as a maximum, their only other alternative is to assess you as not requiring further assessment but this is extremely rare, I doubt that we have seen more than a handful reported on the forum since the option became available.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: QWERTY

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.