× Members

Contribution esa , is it means tested

More
6 years 5 days ago #218233 by kazza
I have notified dwp that my partner has moved in , and they have switched me to contribution based esa . Is it means tested on my partners savings as I’ve had 2 different lots of advice from dwp ? Also as my health is improving I would like to do permitted work , would this affect my claim ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 4 days ago - 6 years 4 days ago #218259 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution esa , is it means tested

kazza wrote: I have notified dwp that my partner has moved in , and they have switched me to contribution based esa . Is it means tested on my partners savings as I’ve had 2 different lots of advice from dwp ? Also as my health is improving I would like to do permitted work , would this affect my claim ?

ESA(CB) is not means tested, that's why it's still being paid but can be reduced by any pension income that you have.

There's a guide to PW in the ESA section, basically, the issue is whether your doing the PW argues against the reasons that you have been awarded ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 6 years 4 days ago by Gordon.

More
6 years 4 days ago #218275 by kazza
Replied by kazza on topic Contribution esa , is it means tested
Thank you for advice , my mental health is improving and would like to start slowly easing myself back in to a normal life , I have told dwp and my doctor this and they say pw for about 8 hours a week is a way forward , will dwp be aware of this step or take it as that I’m capable for full time work

More
6 years 4 days ago #218278 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Contribution esa , is it means tested

kazza wrote: Thank you for advice , my mental health is improving and would like to start slowly easing myself back in to a normal life , I have told dwp and my doctor this and they say pw for about 8 hours a week is a way forward , will dwp be aware of this step or take it as that I’m capable for full time work

Can I clarify what you have told the DWP, that you are are considering PW or that your conditions have improved?

If the former then I would expect them to send you a PW1 for when you find some work to do.

If the latter then I think it likely that they will reassess your claim with a new ESA50 being sent and face to face being quite likely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
6 years 4 days ago #218282 by kazza
Replied by kazza on topic Contribution esa , is it means tested
They are sending me a pw1 and as you said I am quite expecting a reassessment esa50 soon , I won’t be surprised. I just wanted to be truthful with them so there is no comeback . Hopefully by reassessment time I will be capable of stopping esa completely

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.