× Members

JSA with sick note before ESA?

More
5 years 11 months ago #218691 by Bill
Replied by Bill on topic JSA with sick note before ESA?
Am I correct in saying that after four week's of submitting fit notes that I'll be referred to the work capability assessment and I'll receive the UC50?

If that's the caae it wouldn't leave me much time to start going back to the ME clinic in order to get the evidence I need to support my claim.

It's so frustrating when a GP knows more about me than anyone but I've heard that the evidence they can submit for a patient to support a claim doesn't count for much, is that still the case?

It's totalling unfair when you feel unwell yet they place all of these obstacles in the way trying to make you trip up and fail, the whole system stinks especially when you have a fluctuating medical condition like this, the medical doesn't account for this at all. Of course I can walk from the waiting room to the examination room and touch my toes etc, but they don't take into account how I'll feel later in the day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218705 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA with sick note before ESA?
Bill

You don't need to chase your posts, I am only on the forum 2pm-3.30pm and 8pm-9.30pm.

So you need to present a Fit Note as soon as your UC claim is accepted, you don't need to worry about doing this, UC is a benefit that encompasses claiming as someone who is not Fit for Work.

A UC50 should be issued after you have been supplying Fit Notes for more than 28 days, although I would keep a close eye on this and chase via your Journal to make sure that this happens.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bill

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid