× Members

PIP renewal form

More
5 years 11 months ago #218593 by zaib
PIP renewal form was created by zaib
I have been suffering from a number of health conditions for many years including heart disease and a neurological disorder and severe dry eyes . I was 63 when I applied for PIP . After an assessment by HP I was awarded standard rate of living component mostly on account of my joint pains and artheritis assessed by HP . An Award was allowed in December 2016 for 3 years to December 2019. It was stated in the letter of Award that I would be contacted for a review close to December 2018.
After receiving the Award letter I had sought a Mandatory Review for reconsideration regarding mobility component where I had scored only 4 pointson account of joint pains and artheritis /spondolysis. I requested reconsideration of my claim of overwhelming psychological distress as well imparing my ability to plan and complete journeys safely without help from another person . It took another month before my request regarding mobility was turned down purportedly in the absence of any professional input to support my claim and otherwise HP report in this regard. However original decision of standard rate living component was reconfirmed.
For the last one year my health condition/disability has further deteriorated after diagnosis and treatment for Breast cancer from August 2017, it shocked and devastated me psychologically as well . I am a right handed woman. My right shoulder and right arm has become very weak after undergoing 3 right breast surgeries and right armpit sentinel nodes biopsy. I was reffered from hospital to a Breast cancer charity who provide Psychological support and any needed Financial support advice besides physsical support lymphedima etc . The Benefits Advisors at Cancer support charity had expected a routine Review Form AR1 to be received in September 2018 so I was advised I should wait for a routine Review Form rather than requesting a review myself on account of deteriotion of my health conditions ( though I could if I decided to do so) . I agreed it was a reasonable advice to wait for a normal Review Form to be received rather than landing into any other confusion .
However I have not received any Review Form . Last week I happened to see another benefits advisor at another cancer support orgnisation who was of the opinion that I may not receive any Review Form untill September 2019 because my Award runs to December 2019 and review comes only 3 months before Award is to end.
I had a surgery last week I hope to recover in 6 to 8 weeks then I am planning to go away for a month during the cold dark winter season.
I wonder should I wait another month for the Form to come in routine ? or should I call to check with DWP if one was sent to me in September , and is lost /delayed in post.?
I request for guidance please. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218628 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP renewal form
zaib

DWP rules mean that a three-year award will always be reviewed, they won't ask you to renew it in 2019.

As you award is until December 2018 I would expect you to receive an AR1 form in December of this year.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.