× Members

avoiding being moved onto UC

More
5 years 11 months ago #218775 by jaytwo
avoiding being moved onto UC was created by jaytwo
Hi! I am in a complex situation , being forced to move house, following section 21 notice, also desperate NOT to be re-assessed right now, due to medical cock-ups discussed elsewhere. Am on ESA, PIP amnd housing benefit

My understanding is that a move onto UC should NOT entail a re-assessment, vbut that it often happens anyway, and cannot be stopped, once set in motion,

Also, I looked into this very carefully and found that if i stayed within the same local authority, then my housing benenfit claim would be considered continuous , so would not be migrated onto UC

All well and good, but with jast three weeks to go, I have faied to find acccomadation withing this LA, but se my chances are much betterm, and rent is also cheaper in some neighbouring towns, but that would certainly entail a change of LA

I also note that various changes have occured since i did mmy research. But I am now to mucvh up to my ears in it to repeat that research.

Is it still true that I shall have to stay within the current LA to avoid being moved onto UC? But then that might well enrtail becoming homeless, whic I iimagine wouild also trigger big changes in benefits...assuming that I still care by that stage of the game! ( I don't think o shall survive being homeless very well)

Anyone have up-to-date info on these issues?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #218787 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic avoiding being moved onto UC
jaytwo

It depends on whether the new LA is a UC Full Service area if UC is not live in the UC or it is only a Live Service area, then you can remain on what are now classed legacy benefits.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid