× Members

Walking time, describe actions for recording, + 2

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218811 by Paul58
Hi to all.
I've searched, FAQ's and Googled, but no luck with these 4 questions, sorry.

1. I've read that in the F2F they bully you into giving a time for walking and not distance.
Can't you just assert that the PIP form states distance not time, and you have no idea how long?
2. I'll be recording my F2F with their permission. Should I describe how the actions they ask me to do make me feel because of pain etc, and how much of the action I can achieve? eg. I am bending and touching as far as my knees, but pain in my... etc. Or is that a bit OTT? It's just a sound recording so nobody can see if the assessor writes down you can do cartwheels.
3. I've read that their copy of the recording is sometimes lost or never referred to. At what point does the recording become invaluable to me as evidence, if at all?
4. Can I take notes in with me and refer to them? I've read about assessors saying they don't allow you to refer to notes, or make it plain they are against you doing it.

I didn't know whether to post these 4 questions separately or not, for everyone to see the separate headings. Couldn't fit them all on one heading.
If you prefer me to do that it's not a problem.

Thank you.
Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218825 by Gordon
Paul

1. I would not say that you will be bullied into providing an answer and this question is not always asked, a lot of assessors just ask about the distance but if asked just say that you have not timed yourself and you can only talk about the distance you can reliably walk on the majority of days.

2. It's entirely up to you.

3. Realistically the recording is only of value to you in having an accurate transcript of what happened at the assessment. DWP Decision Makers never refer to the recording and we only know of a handful of Tribunals where the panel have felt if of value to review what happened. But if you don't have it then you cannot use it!

4. Yes, you can but you must explain why you need to refer to them.

Your post is fine :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul58

More
6 years 2 weeks ago #218827 by Kevsue19
My assessor did ask times, but she didn’t do it in a bullying way! She asked where I parked for work (in a disabled bay 10 m from the door) then a take a life, rest then another 10 meters to my desk. She then asked how long it took me and I said I usually get to work 20 minutes before I’m due to start and I’m at my desk on time. She recorded all this on the assessment which I have seen and also watched me walk back to the reception area (she must have measured its,) and recorded the time it took me, plus noted I had to sit in reception for a while. She was very perceptive noting the amount of pain I was in and did quite an in depth muscular skeletal report (which actually made me feel quite disabled when I read it!)
The results on my assessment were factual, with my words recorded. Maybe I was lucky to get a fair assessor, she was a physio who knew a lot about my numerous ailments, so please don’t worry too much. Just be honest and focus on talking about the impact of your disability on your life rather than the disability itself (if that makes sense!) still waiting for my renewal decision so let’s hope the decision maker is as fair!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Paul58

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid