× Members

PIP 2 Attachments

More
5 years 11 months ago #219786 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP 2 Attachments
Hi Lawson
I can only tell you of the way I do it. I was praised by my assessor for the way I did it.
Question 2b - About your health condition or disability and treatment. - I gave them a potted history of the mental and physical conditions I have,as listed in 2a. with the dates. I gave them all this information on three additional sheets. These sheets were marked with my name, my NI number and Q15 additional sheet - and the number I assigned the sheets (1-3) I then put it was Question 2b and all the information below.

I was told because my evidence was so clear at the assessment she only needed to clarify some points.

I quoted frequently from my evidence eg " I was diagnosed with **** which causes me a great deal of pain as confirmed in Dr Brown;'s letter 20th June 1986 (additional sheet ....)

Obviously you don't want to bore them to death, but i you have long standing things as I do you have to show the length of time and treatments you have gone though. Summarising it for them in my view makes it easier for them.

In each of the question boxes I wrote one sentence, in answer to the question and used a quote from my evidence (eg consultant letters etc) and then I referred them to an additional sheet. Basically my answers to all questions were on additional sheets so I could give them a compete answer.

In Q15 box, I merely listed all my additional information eg.
pages 1 -3 - Q2b Managing treatments
page 4 - 5 - Q2c Side effects of medication etc
I then labelled all the doctors letters and evidence and listed them so eg p10 Dr. Brown - Consultant Haematologist - letter (date)

This is only one way of doing it - I've used it both for myself my husband, and several friends and was successful for all of them - but obviously you have to do what works for you. Good luck.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lawson

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220028 by Lawson
Replied by Lawson on topic PIP 2 Attachments
Thank you Bis - much appreciated. This is exactly what I intended to do so that - as you say-all of the relevent information is referred to on the form but given attachment page numbers fo ease of reference and being able to follow i.e. Hospitals, consultants,treatments etc.
I also then have letters from consultants to G.P. and a few from doctors starting "to whom it may concern" and then letters from family etc. These have been photocopied but would not have attachment page numbers or Name , N.I. no. on them. Was going to put these in sections in a plastic sleeve with handwritten info. on front of sleeve. Did you do anything like this or did you hand write attachment page no. and other info.on every page? I appreciate your post - thank you again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid