× Members

PIP review uncertainty

More
5 years 11 months ago #219395 by MR
PIP review uncertainty was created by MR
Hi, I don't know if I'm panicking unnecessarily, but three months after returning my PIP review form (the first one after my initial award when converting from DLA), I've received a letter from Capita that seems to read as if I'm making a new claim rather than having an existing one reviewed - it's close to identical to their reply to my original claim two years ago. What's more, it has a completely different reference number on it to that on correspondence relating to my 2016 claim. Should I point out to Capita or the DWP that this is a review and not a first claim? I'm petrified of saying or doing the wrong thing and having the review/claim (?) thrown out because I've broken some obscure rule or gone against some arcane procedure. I find the constant stress of potentially endless PIP and ESA reviews and reassessments bad enough as it is without having to start all over again with a new first-time claim. Hope somebody can advise, and thanks in advance.
TheMR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219416 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review uncertainty
TheMR

Other than the form that is used, there is no difference in the process for assessing a new claim for PIP and the reassessment of an existing claim so I would not worry if the letter is not worded in the way that you expected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219476 by MR
Replied by MR on topic PIP review uncertainty
Hi, Gordon. Thanks for replying, and more to the point thanks for clarifying what's happening. Still feel sick about this whole business, though. All I can do is try and stay optimistic while at the back of my mind preparing for the worst. Fingers crossed, though. Thanks again.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.