× Members

JSA and PIP

More
5 years 11 months ago #219575 by jecutter
JSA and PIP was created by jecutter
Hi, hope someone can help.
I'm on JSA and have been for some months after my esa appeal didn't award me enough points to qualify. Despite my ovarian cancer, fibromyalgia, depression and disc damage in my back, chemo caused peripheral neuropathy which affects mobility the judge and dr thought I could work.
I receive PIP so have been managing, however this is now under review. I sent the review form back in August and received a text yesterday saying I may have to have a health assessment. This has floored me. Will being on JSA and the incorrect health assessment from the esa WCA affect my PIP reassessment? The thought of going for another health f2f makes me tremble as I dont handle them at all well, getting so nervous I find it hard to communicate accurately. I'm scared to claim ESA again as it will be universal credit. Totally confused and muddled and worried my money will be stopped. Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219589 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic JSA and PIP
Jec

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Your claiming JSA may have an impact, it will depend on what you are being asked to do as part of your claim and how this might argue against the limitations that you say that you have in regard your PIP claim.

The criteria for ESA is sufficiently different from PIP that I would not expect the failed ESA claim to have any significant impact on your PIP review, those assessing you may not even be aware of the ESA Decision as I assume the Decision that found you Fit for Work was some time ago.

Your area being a UC is actually to your advantage as you would not be able to make a new claim for ESA without showing a significant deterioration in your current conditions or a new one. This restriction does not apply to UC as a claim will be treated as entirely new.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: jecutter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.