× Members

Is this normal

More
5 years 11 months ago #219984 by Sam
Is this normal was created by Sam
I won a long appeal in 2017 which gave me an award to last until end August 2019, now I have had a review firm to complete. When I checked with the DWP they said they can check my current situation anytime and stop payments. I checked with the tribunal services who said that they can do this and there is no law to stop it. So, why did I get my entire benefit illegally stopped, according to the judges, in 2016, go through so much anguish and running out of money, to get dragged to a long tribunal nowhere near where I had asked for, to be awarded my new benefit only to have this rather vague questionnaire to fill out, which will make no sense unless they compare responses to last form knowing that I could and probably will lose my benefit. The reason I was told by three judges to take action against the DWP was because they threatened me that I had to accept 25.00 pw And not go to a tribunal if go for a tribunal all benefits would be stopped that day. I went forward to get what I deserve and was almost suicidal. I had no money, no support from CAB and I have no family. Idud not go after the DWP because I was exhausted, physically, emotionally. I just wanted out.
This new review means that if they stop benefit early I have to go through hell again. How is this right?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #219985 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Is this normal
Sam

I am really sorry but this is a legal process tested at the Upper Tier Tribunal.

Although you had to go to Tribunal to receive your award, beyond that it is no different from any other claim for PIP and that means that the DWP will reassess it a year in advance of the award ending.

Although this is a review of your conditions and limitations as they are now, you can use the information from the Tribunal to support your claim, please have a look at our current PIP Claim guide, there have been a number of changes that may be relevant to your showing that you meet the criteria for the same award.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #219992 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic Is this normal
Thanks. Does this mean I can resubmit support documents as both of my people are unavailable at the moment. Things are not going to get better, my GP emphasised that several issues would continue to cause severe pain and affect mobility and get worse. As for help, the type of help I need is not provided by adult services so I tend to just cope best I can. I am using your documents but struggling with points here and there. My home assessment was a joke, truly. Many non truths or comments that made no sense. I understand they want people off benefit but like many, I am genuinely in need of help. I just don’t seem to get this through to the DWP. Coping means you can do when in fact it means not eating regularly, not bathing regularly and unable to afford any luxuries. I had someone help with the tribunal because I was just too ill and distressed, maybe they will understand more what you mean. My concern is, if they do this review, can they stop my payments before next August? The documents I have used are the 16 pages of pip information. Is that correct? I need all the help I can get. But don’t we all!

More
5 years 11 months ago #220001 by Gordon
Sam

Yes, you can resubmit documents that you have previously sent if you want.

I'm not sure what the 16 page document you are referring to it is but you should be using our PIP Claim guide on the following link

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 11 months ago #220049 by Sam
Replied by Sam on topic Is this normal
My concern is that they may stop my benefit before next August and I will be in trouble. Or is this a review to take over payments after August next year? If I get any at all. How is it they will accept documents they have seen. And there are hundreds. Is there a purpose to this? I keep telling the truth, they did a home visit where so many errors were made it was ridiculous. I don’t lie, wouldn’t know how to but some of these new questions don’t make sense so I have to do an add on page and because these people stress me, my brother is helping me out. I just cannot deal with them. Is there anything I should not send? Just being safe as the form and my life goes in the post a week before the due date. I would rather spend more time on this and sending it overnight but that isn’t allowed. Thanks so far. I am not suicidal this time round!

More
5 years 11 months ago #220053 by Gordon
Sam

This reassessment will create a new Decision and this will supersede your existing award from the date that it is made. whatever the Decision is.

If you have received another PIP2 form then you should treat it as a new claim and supply any relevant evidence that you have, even if you have submitted it before.

If it is an AR1 Review form then this is intended to be reviewed in conjunction with your previous PIP2 and any evidence that you attached to it, so I would be more restrained about what you send to avoid contradicting what is already on file, especially if the information is new. That said, as your original claim appears to have been unsuccessful it might be worth your considering the reasons that this was the case, it is unlikely to just be down to the report, so think about re-sending key reports and letters.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.