× Members

Standard to enhanced rate ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #220011 by Tracy1963
Standard to enhanced rate ? was created by Tracy1963
Hello, I am new to this site and would really like some advice. I was awarded standard rate mobility with pip on September 2016, I am not due a review until November 2019. But since then my health has deteriorated to where I can’t leave my house unless my daughter can drive me to my appointments, I have copd and other medical issues. What I would like to know is can I apply for enhanced rate of mobility before November 2019 and what do I do to get it. Many Thanks Tracy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #220014 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Standard to enhanced rate ?
Tracy

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

You can report a Change by writing to the DWP office dealing with your claim but you should be very certain that you will meet the criteria for the Enhanced award before doing so as notifying them of a change in your limitations will result in a full reassessment of your claim and the new Decision that will be made will supersede your existing award, whatever it is.

I assume that you have previously scored fro problems with your walking, to score the 12 points needed to receive an Enhanced award you will need to show that you cannot now reliably walk more than 20m on the majority of days.

Have a look at our PIP Claim guide for more information.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tracy1963

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid