× Members

IB to ESA underpayment letter

More
5 years 7 months ago #221543 by EA1
IB to ESA underpayment letter was created by EA1
I have received the letter about potential underpayment of income related ESA. I am wondering if it is worth applying as I am fairly sure I will not be eligible on income grounds as I get an occupational pension and my wife gets the State Pension at the full rate. I also get PIP and I'm not sure if this would be taken into account? Also my wife was getting carers allowance for me up to the point when she started getting the state pension. She is therefore still eligible even though she is precluded from the payment because of her state pension payment. I know the government sets a threshold for "minimum amount to live on" but i'm not sure what this is. I think this is the amount i'm looking for as if you get above this amount, then you are not entitled to income related ESA. Can anyone advise please.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #221578 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic IB to ESA underpayment letter
EA

The simplest solution is for you to put your information into one of the online benefit calculators to see whether you are eligible for ESA(IR) or not, remember this is not just about your qualifying now, the DWP are also looking at whether you qualified when you were transferred from IB, so you may need to do multiple runs of the calculator.

www.gov.uk/benefits-calculators

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.