× Members

Universal credit.

More
5 years 7 months ago #221566 by Sara Henley
Universal credit. was created by Sara Henley
Hi, I'm not sure if anyone can help me, but I've been put on U/C They have put me to the point of committing sucide last night, if it hadn't been for MIND .... who kept me safe the whole night.
U/C have awarded me basic standard award, of £317, which is £160 less than ESA! Which won't pay bill's for a month, I'm at my wits end and totally desperate for help or advice. They have now sent me a "capability for work Questionnaire" which has totally irellivant questions in "ie can I hold a cup" ??
I have chronic mental health issues, as well as physical ones, and I really don't know how to fill this in, they won't accept any of the PIP evidence, I was awarded highrate care and mobility! Is any one here who can advise or explain their experiences , I'm rather desperate..
****U/C**** Reg Sick notes/fit for work notes, My doctor did mine for Infinite, U/C accepted it. this might work for others.
kind regards
Sara

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #221607 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Universal credit.
S

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Why have you had to request UC?

Did you have an award of ESA when you claimed UC? If you did then this should have been transferred to UC although this is a manual process and can take several weeks to sort out.

The DWP can reassess your "ESA" award on transfer to UC but this should not be done simply because you have claimed UC, however, now that a questionnaire has been sent you must now complete and return it, I'm afraid there is no extension to the time allowed for you to do this.

Our ESA Claim guides cover UC as well, the criteria is identical. See

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/esa1

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.