× Members

PIP review

More
5 years 7 months ago #221858 by bubblebug
PIP review was created by bubblebug
HI all

My husband was awarded Pip last year for 18 months. As they review the circumstances a year before the entitlement ends, we received an AR1 which we returned the beginning of September. We have now received a letter from Capita advising that a health professional will look at the information and decide if a F2F is required.

Can anyone shed any light on timescales and whether a F2F is always required?

Again, we sent substantive documents, the majority of the sections were noted as no change. The only thing that changed was my husbands medication.

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #221862 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
bubblebug

Best guess is 3-4 weeks for an appointment 1-2 weeks later, they will book during the Christmas period with the obvious exception of the Bank Holidays.

I'm afraid it is impossible to say whether a face to face will be required, my feeling is that it is less likely than when the claim was made but I have seen no statistics to support this.

Bizarrely, supplying a lot of information may actually make a F2F more likely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: bubblebug

More
5 years 7 months ago #222008 by bubblebug
Replied by bubblebug on topic PIP review
We received a face to face appointment today for my husband to attend at a centre in 2 weeks time, both previous assessments were done at home. We have emailed them to confirm that his mobility has not changed and he still needs the same level of support and asked that they consider a home visit.
Previously we did not ask for a home visit and were granted it on both occasions, it seems that they haven't even read the claim form and looked at the supporting evidence.

Again, Christmas is going to be ruined as my husband is already immensely stressed. He has rheumatoid arthritis which is chronic and progressive. It's shocking what the disabled have to go through to get the help they genuinely need.

He has applied for ESA as he is no longer working, that is another story! Do you think they will link the ESA to the PIP claim?

Thanks

More
5 years 7 months ago #222009 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
bubblebug

You are unlikely to get a home assessment without the support of his GP, you need them to write to the Assessment Provider, explaining in unambiguous terms why he cannot attend at their offices.

It's unlikely that the DWP will link his PIP and ESA claims, although there are areas of overlap between the two benefits, even where there are the criteria can still be quite different.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 7 months ago #222120 by bubblebug
Replied by bubblebug on topic PIP review
Thank you for your reply Gordon.
The evidence I sent and the fact he had previous home visits has evidently worked in his favour as we received a call to book a home assessment in now instead of him having to attend a f2f in the city centre.

I called ESA yesterday to check if the forms we sent had been received, and where to send his P45. The lady confirmed that the PIP and ESA criteria is very different so you are correct and they are not linked.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.