× Members

Extremely long wait for trib

More
5 years 9 months ago #222400 by Jan
Extremely long wait for trib was created by Jan
I understand the tribunals wIt time can vary from area to area. This is how it affects my waiting time. MY DLA was stopped in June ‘17 because I missed the f/f by 17 hours which they refused to accept was partly due to 1 of my health conditions. In Sept ‘17 I had a f2f which resulted in no report being made as I was told I didn’t comply with the assessment. Fortunately I had someone with me who noted everything said so I could prove the Assessor had lied. I submitted an appeal to tribunal and was told a hearing was a 26 week wait. My Housing Officer contacted the tribunal office at 25 weeks and was told the wait was now 38 weeks. That deadline came and went, as did the 1 year anniversary of the f2f assessment taking place. The CAB were helping me the Manager saying she wanted to deal with it as I had excellent proof of assessment taking place.
Last week I rung the tribunal service to enquire about waiting time and I was told they received paperwork in Sept.
‘17 and it’s taking ‘about a year to get a hearing date. Pointed out it was well I past the 1 year point and was told they didn’t know any more.
Today I finally get a hearing date~5 weeks away.
From my DLA being stopped to the 1 yr anniversary of my f2f was 62 weeks.
Then 10 weeks from Sept ‘18 to date is 13 weeks.
From today until hearing is another 5 weeks. Ignoring the time from DLA stopping to f2f assessment by the time the hearing takes place I will have waited 70 weeks.
During that time I have lost 2 lots of Winter heating allowance I was previously entitled to, a bus pass, rail pass and all over £13,000 in benefits i received previously.
IF I am awarded PIP will I also receive back payments of premiums that were added to my ESA because I am disabled?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 9 months ago #222414 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Extremely long wait for trib

Janny wrote: IF I am awarded PIP will I also receive back payments of premiums that were added to my ESA because I am disabled?

Yes, although you may need to chase them, if you were receiving the Severe Disability Premium then you will need to complete an IS10 form about your living arrangements.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.