× Members

2nd Assessment

More
5 years 6 months ago #222447 by Sparkyj2202
2nd Assessment was created by Sparkyj2202
Hi, this is my first post and I am hoping to pick the brains of you knowledgeable people out there.

I had a home assessment for PIP on 8th Nov. It was for a review as I first claimed in 2015 ( it was a year early but I gather that’s standard from reading on here).

Assessor went through every section with me and input my answers onto a laptop straight away. She told me at the end that she had letters from my oncologist and my gp also. She then said she would send the report off and I would hear within 4/6 weeks.

I haven’t had any further contact from DWP or the assessor until I got a letter today today saying my PIP assessment would be on 18th December. Same letter as previously but different date. I called the telephone number on the letter and was transferred several times, ending up with a case handler. No-one seems to know why I have been sent another letter but there doesn’t seem to be any details of the assessors report on my claim.

The case handler is looking into this and is going to call me back but obviously I’m extremely stressed and anxious, having been through one assessment and now being asked to have another.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or does anyone have any advice to give me on how to handle this? Thank you in advance for any help/advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 6 months ago #222463 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd Assessment
Jules

I am afraid we have seen this before, there are several possibilities as to what has happened.

- the report that was submitted was incomplete and there were insufficient notes available to finish it
- the report failed auditing and there were insufficient notes available to rewrite it
- the report was not actually produced and there were insufficient notes available to write one

Unfortunately, your claim cannot progress until an acceptable report is received by the DWP so you have no choice but to attend any new assessment but depending on the reason you should consider making a formal complaint if only to recover any expenses that you incurred attending the first one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sparkyj2202

More
5 years 6 months ago #222480 by Sparkyj2202
Replied by Sparkyj2202 on topic 2nd Assessment
Thanks for your help.

It’s horrific that people are made to go through this torture again due to clerical errors.

I did get a call back from a case handler (is that the correct term?} He was very apologetic and said it had been an error on the dwp/assessors side and they had now found the report. I don’t have to go through another assessment, thank goodness.

I know though, if I had taken the first advisor at her word and not asked to speak to someone more senior/with more knowledge, I would have gone through a 2nd assessment. It’s only by complaining that I got anywhere, and not every one can do that.

Jules

More
5 years 6 months ago #222491 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic 2nd Assessment
Jules

Well done.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris