× Members

PIP Assessment

More
5 years 7 months ago #225155 by RB
PIP Assessment was created by RB
Hi, this is the first time I have posted here. Trying to find my way around. Forgive me if the questions I ask are answered elsewhere. I couldn't find, so writing here.
I posted back my PIP form (Been on DLA for 10 years). I have mental health and physical health problems. 61 years old.
1. Is there a possibility I will be transferred to PIP without a medical?
2. How long between putting in the PIP form to hearing from the DWP re whether medical will be needed and a date.
3. If my health is so bad on the day given can the appointment be cancelled without me being penalised?
4. Can I ask for a woman to interview/do the medical? I suffered severe abuse at the hands of some men in my life and will have extreme difficulty being in such a position with such an interviewer.
5. Is there a link to how a PIP assessment goes? What to expect in the interview? Do they refer to the form I already filled in? Are the assessments on time, or do you wait at the venue for a while to be seen? How long do the assessments take on average? I will need to know the time approximately so I can tell the person who comes with me how long they will need to be with me and I pay them accordingly.
Thank you in advance for any answers anyone can give to the questions I have asked. This is a very anxious time!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225181 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment
RB

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

1. Yes but it's unlikely.

2. The DWP aren't responsible for assessments it will be either ATOS or Capita, best guess i 6-8 weeks.

3. Yes, but you can only do this once and you must inform them in advance. If you don't attend the second appointment then your file will be returned to the DWP and your claim could be closed.

4. Yes, did you state this on your form? If not then you need to contact the AP for your postcode

www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-postcode-map-uk

Capita
www.capita-pip.co.uk/contact-us.aspx

IAS (formerly ATOS)
www.mypipassessment.co.uk/contact-us/

5. Yes, have a look at our PIP Claim guide it has sections on the assessment and the questions you are likely to be asked.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RB

More
5 years 7 months ago #225311 by RB
Replied by RB on topic PIP Assessment
Thanks, Gordon for answering my questions.

I finally found the posts I posted; but there doesn't seem to be any indication that posts posted are under profile to be found. As I am not well, and many others aren't either coming on here, could there not be an article in how to use the forum clearly marked and indicate re-finding what you posted?
The following user(s) said Thank You: leafytree

More
5 years 7 months ago #225330 by Gordon
RB

There is an FAQ sticky at the top of the forum.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: RB

More
5 years 7 months ago #225470 by leafytree
Replied by leafytree on topic PIP Assessment
I'm not seeing the FAQ's Gordon.

More
5 years 7 months ago #225518 by Gordon

leafytree wrote: I'm not seeing the FAQ's Gordon.

Not sure what to suggest, they are there, just checked :(

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid