× Members

Heating devices - do these count as PIP Aids?

More
5 years 2 months ago #228729 by Asbo
Hi

I wondered if things like needing the heating on constantly to dry clothes (due to excessive sweating and feeling cold i.e. I sweat more when cold), and needing electric blanket to dry clothes at night and hairdryer by my bed to dry excessive sweating etc count as aids to manage my condition because that's what they are.

I have other questions but better do them separately.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228744 by Gordon
Asbo

Only if you can fit them into one of the PIP activities.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228777 by Asbo
I need heating for drying damp clothes constantly because of one of my conditions. Could that apply to dressing/ undressing is what I was wondering?

More
5 years 2 months ago #228787 by Gordon
Asbo

If you look at the Descriptors for Dressing and Undressing they all to do with the process of putting on or taking off clothing, the only exception is in selecting appropriate clothing, this would be the only way for you to score points, but I don't think the link is strong.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228867 by Asbo
To be honest, it impacts on all my life, so e.g. going out, needing enough clothes with me, and somewhere to change them and dry them e.g. public toilets with hot dryer, and it actually impacts on my going out at all. When my assessor interviewed me I have several conditions which impact on my going out I didn't know which to concentrate on and consequently felt I did worse than if I could just speak about the one condition

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.