× Members

now that i have calmed down from the amazing news

More
4 years 11 months ago #230593 by linda drake
pip mobility was created by linda drake
to say i am thrilled is an understatement, i have just had a "white" envelope delivered from the courts of appeal, after lots of phone calls to both the benefits ppl and the courts which most of them contained lies from the staff at the benefits office, I have won my appeal and been awarded the enhanced rate payment for both components of PIP which at last means im no longer sat in the house unable to get out as i can now get a new car, keep trying everyone you can do it !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230599 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic pip mobility
L

Many congratulations on the award, well done.

it usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call later in the week to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #231042 by linda drake
Replied by linda drake on topic now that i have calmed down from the amazing news
i felt compelled to share my experiences with you all, my first award for the care component was the standard rate and the mobility component i got awarded 2 points, i applied for mandatory reconsideration and was awarded enhanced care and a further 8 points for mobility, when applying for this reconsideration i sent copies of every letter i had from the previous 6 months regarding hospital appointments, a letter of support from my G. P. and also there had been comments made regarding the distances i walked when being "spied" on, they said i walked 30 metres without problems. Well i challenged that with plans of the building and the room they were referring to, the room itself was only 19 metres and not 30 as they stated, i sent copies of the floor plan to them but it was never mentioned whilst they had the evidence i had sent. I decided to appeal to the courts but a paper hearing and bombarded the PIP people with phone calls every few days, during this time i was diagnosed with a leaking heart valve so i added a new statement covering it and sent the heart scan result for them to see, i rang PIP to make sure they had received it and was informed that because it was late my "bundle" had been moved further back in the queue and it would be at least 12 weeks, i then rang the courts and told them about what had been said, the guy said it was absolutely ridiculous and he was going to set them 7 days to respond , they took 3 days and i got the result i wanted, from my experience you have to be prepared to battle take no notice of the lies they tell, dont be frightened of ringing them but record dates and names and above all dont give up.
The following user(s) said Thank You: an ex nurse, ivyfox, LucyPosy68, magdelena

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.