× Members

badly written esa 113

More
5 years 1 month ago #230906 by Chloe
badly written esa 113 was created by Chloe
Hi
Received copy of ESA113 from GP surgery that they sent to Medical Assessment Centre about 6 weeks ago. GP had not ticked the relevant boxes or put any helpful info.
Another GP has kindly amended it and added notes. The surgery posted it yesterday to the Assessment Centre. Since F2F is next week and don't know how long it will take to reach them, would it be worth asking surgery to fax a copy to the Assessment Centre?

Also, if you cancel a F2F (once only), do they usually give you a new appointment time over the phone or do you wait for a new appointment to come in the post? Is the new appointment time likely to be quite soon afterwards or does it vary?

Thank you for any thoughts/advice.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #230926 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic badly written esa 113
Chloe

I've moved your post as you replied to a post that is nearly five years old.

Faxing or better still, emailing it is a good idea.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

You can only cancel or move your appointment once, if you phone then it may be possible to book a new appointment while you are on the phone, otherwise, a new appointment will be sent to you, it will be at least a week in the future but probably no more than three weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #230993 by Chloe
Replied by Chloe on topic badly written esa 113
Thank you very much for your response Gordon.
I’d be really grateful for some more advice.

I help care for the person who is having his ESA re-assessment. He had his first medical assessment 5 years ago and was put in the support group due to being unable to start and finish daily tasks independently.

He is an alcoholic, has depression, agoraphobia and learning difficulties. He’s (reluctantly) visited GPs for OTHER (non-relevant) things in the last 5 years, but not gone about his mental health until recently. Even then, the GP didn’t record in patient notes the things we told her about his inability to manage tasks without daily prompting & support.
He hasn’t ever seen any other professionals about his mental health/alcoholism.

I can, therefore, understand why the doctor who completed the ESA113 didn’t tick box for initiating & completing personal actions (and didn’t write anything helpful).

The GP who kindly amended the ESA113 ticked the box and wrote he needs support for all activities of daily living and has significant social phobia.

Do you think the DWP/Medical Assessor might query/not take into account the amended ESA113, since it was done in a new GP appointment with the patient?

Do you think they might now request all of his patient records from the GP surgery? If so, that won’t be be very helpful in providing evidence for the difficulties he has with daily living.

Thank you for any thoughts you have and also wanted to say this website really helped when completing the ESA50 a few months ago.

The GP who amended the ESA113 wrote what we told him about difficulties with personal actions as we told him about

More
5 years 1 month ago #231013 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic badly written esa 113
Chloe

Assessors and DMs tend to prefer the first version of a letter or report in preference to any second or amended version so you may still have problems with the ESA113.

I can't recall the DWP or Maximus ever requesting a copy of the claimant's medical records.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #231051 by Chloe
Thank you very much Gordon.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #231439 by Chloe
Hi
The claimant I help care for received a letter today, saying his ESA face to face assessment for this Friday has been cancelled. I phone CHDA who said the amended ESA113 was looked at on 23rd at 1.27pm and he no longer needs to have a face to face assessment.
Can’t thank this website enough and so pleased the advice on here was to ask GP to amend the initial badly-written ESA113. THANK YOU!
I phoned DWP (twice) today & asked for copy of ESA85A and LT54. Both DWP staff members said they didn’t know what those forms were. I told them CHDA said something was produced on 23rd at 1.27pm. DWP advisor then found a pdf file on her computer for that date & time, but told me the file wouldn’t open!
Did I request the correct forms and do you think I maybe requested them too soon? Could that be why she couldn’t open the pdf file?
Since the claimant is no longer required to attend a face to face, do you think he’s had a paper-based Assessment?
He has been in the Support Group for 5 years and receives the ENHANCED Disability Premium (not the severe disability premium). Neither DWP nor CHDA could tell me whether he will stay in the Support group or move to the WRAG group.

If he is moved into the WRAG group, would the amount of benefit he receives each fortnight reduce? I’m not sure whether the changes made in April 2017 to WRAG payments would affect him or not.

Thanks for your help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.