× Members

badly written esa 113

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #231451 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic badly written esa 113
Chloe

The DWP won't release the documents used in an ESA assessment until the Decision is made.

Yes, if the assessment has been cancelled then they are/have done a Paper Based Assessment, it is still possible that the DM may ask them to do a face to face but this would be extraordinarily rare.

If he is moved to the WRAG then his ESA will reduce, how much will depend on what they are receiving now but they should not be affected by the change in 2917.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #231467 by Chloe
Replied by Chloe on topic badly written esa 113
Thank you Gordon.
Any idea what the approximate time frame would be to get the decision of the paper-based assessment?
Do they send the decision in writing by post?
Thanks

More
5 years 4 weeks ago #231471 by Gordon
Chloe

Best guess 3-5 weeks for a Decision, any Decision has to be notified in writing.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #232201 by Chloe
Hi
Thank you Gordon for your previous support and advice. Hope you don’t mind me messaging again.

The claimant I support received a text from DWP yesterday afternoon: “We have received your enquiry about your ESA. Payment will be paid to your account by 5pm.”

His usual fortnightly payment was received yesterday, but this was one day early. The bank reference code was also different: DWP GB FP LP Funding (NI no) DWP JSA.
Payment was for the usual amount.

From reading posts on this forum, I understand this reference code is used when a manual/ ad hoc ESA payment is made and this may be related to the claimant’s ESA re-assessment.

I presume the “enquiry” DWP mention in their text refers to the online SAR made on 29/5/19, requesting a copy of the ESA85A. (I was advised by CHDA to make this SAR, but now realise I requested it too soon as no decision had been made on 29/5/19.)

DWP told me today they don’t know why the payment was sent a day early manually, rather than in the normal way.
They said the ESA85A which was completed on 24/5/19 was just received by the DM yesterday and no decision has yet been made.

From previous experience, DWP call centre staff often give inaccurate info.
Claimant is still concerned reason for ad hoc payment could be he’s been moved from support group to WRAG.

Is it normal for an ESA85A to take over 2 weeks to be received by the DM?
Could you hazard a guess as to whether the 1 day early manual payment could be due to support group ending and being moved to WRAG?

Sorry for long post and grateful for any thoughts/ guesses as to what’s going on.
Thank you.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #232211 by Gordon
Chloe

Being received by the DM is different from being received by the DWP, the report is in a file which has to go through the DWP's internal mail system and this can easily take two weeks.

Manual payments are done bank to bank whereas the fortnightly payments are done via Bacs and this is likely to account for the different date. There is no reason to assume that they have been moved to the WRAG at this stage.

Gordon

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #232216 by Chloe
Thank you Gordon.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.