× Members

DLA lifetime award to PIP at 65 years old

More
4 years 11 months ago #234138 by thesearcher
DLA lifetime award to PIP at 65 years old was created by thesearcher
Why is this not included in this

This step means new claimants to PIP who reach State Pension age before their review is due won’t have one unless they tell us their needs have changed, and the next step is to bring this in for all pensioners.”

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234183 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DLA lifetime award to PIP at 65 years old
Terry

I'm sorry but I don't understand your question, can you re-phrase it?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234520 by thesearcher
Replied by thesearcher on topic DLA lifetime award to PIP at 65 years old
WHY does this not include pensioners with lifetime awards of DLA who are being forced to go onto PIP

PIP PENSIONERS LIGHT TOUCH REVIEW
Existing PIP claimants who are over pension age will now be covered by the light touch review system, meaning that they will only be assessed every ten years.
New PIP claimants whose review would have been scheduled after they had reached State Pension age,would instead receive an ongoing award with a light touch review at 10 years.

“This step means new claimants to PIP who reach State Pension age before their review is due won’t have one unless they tell us their needs have changed,The DWP has now announced that the 10 year light touch review has been extended to existing PIP claimants above State Pension age.The department claims that 290,000 claimants will benefit from this latest move.

But what about the Pensioners with lifetime awards of DLA being forced over to PIP ?

More
4 years 11 months ago #234522 by BIS
Hi Terry

I cannot say for certain, but I suspect it is because there is a big difference between the DLA criteria and the PIP criteria and everyone whatever their age has to be reassessed to see that they meet the PIP criteria.

And it is the same for everyone whether they were granted a lifetime award - which many were - or not.

Once a pensioner has been awarded PIP they can expect to benefit from the light touch review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: thesearcher

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.