× Members

Transiting DLA over to PIP Form PIP 1 Pg18

More
4 years 11 months ago #234266 by apples6
Transiting DLA over to PIP Form PIP 1 Pg18
Hi I m not v techy so unable to find my previous Q's
If please see below :* "I want to see all my (DLA) Medical evidence before I decide *PIP 1
Anyway:
On Page 18 of PIP1 (from Specimen copy)
it has 1 full page on DLA (even though people on "invite" ar undergoing a different process to PIP a different benefit (apparently)
a: asks are you getting DLA or have you ever been awarded DLA? if ans is yes go to B
which asks is there any evidence that you think might help.... etc
there are little No (so move on to Pg 19 ) or yes lists lists GP?Hospital report etc etc
Further down the page it has boxes saying "I want to use all med evidence or
* I want to see all the medical evidence from my DLA before I decide*
a/ will this delay the process of PIP2 form etc and so on
and b for someone who has had more than 1 DLA award ie time limited over the years and then another one such as indefinite at a later period it could be 20 years in total will it delay process? Additionally some could have gone to Upper tier tribunal and so on will all that be included in the send ? if they are available, plus over decades it could be hard to recollect every paper that went before.
I know a lot of PIP1 if not all is done on the telephone: though the Question is no doubt re DLA history(is asked as above)
It is hard to answer an historical question from some years ago unless one has all the paper work relating to it.
Thanks sorry if a bit long winded

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234304 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transiting DLA over to PIP Form PIP 1 Pg18
apples

You can request your DLA information by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim, you may need to issue a Subject Access Request (see below) but there is no guarantee that it will be available as the DWP routinely destroy old documents that are no longer relevant to the current claim, this would likely cover the Fixed Term awards that you mention.

SAR :

www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/request-for-personal-information.rtf

From this page :

www.dwp.gov.uk/privacy-policy/data-protection/

However, there is no extension for the period for you to start the PIP claim and you may not receive the information before the due date, you do have the option of going beyond the initial date but this will result in the suspension of your DLA payments.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234394 by apples6
Replied by apples6 on topic Transiting DLA over to PIP Form PIP 1 Pg18
Hi again
A follow up from or reference on my Q above.* an enquiry by someone on Friday 19 July 19
to the forum
I noticed Fri someone has said they have had a letter saying
along lines " Your DLA is ending"and then something about contact them by 1 August etc I:

If the/a letter was dated eg 17 July 2019 does one get about 10 days or two weeks to make the telephone call to DWP for "triggering PIP "(PIP 1 to start with) claim? please..

If one has not done so by the date stated if there is one? that the DLA would be stopped and any potential PIP claim Disallowed" especialyl if one was in the group 65year plus age group post April 2013?
I too have noticed on the forum a lot Of pensioners by age 65 to late 69 and the like saying they are having their DLA stopped and "invited to PIP..
Thanks for reply Apples6

More
4 years 11 months ago #234397 by Gordon
apple

The Invitation letter will have a specific date on it by which the PIP claim has to be started, you are given four weeks to do this but the period does include postage time.

If you do not start the PIP claim by the required date, then your DLA payments will be suspended and you will be given a further four weeks to start the claim if you still fail to do so, then your DLA claim will be terminated.

The criteria to be invited to claim PIP is that the claimant had to be under the age of 65 on 8 April 2013, so there were always going to be claimants who are over 65 when actually invited.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #234401 by apples6
Replied by apples6 on topic Transiting DLA over to PIP Form PIP 1 Pg18
HI again I might be being thick?

1 If the 1st letter DLA to stop is dated 1st August and arrives say 3rd August as an eg:
What approx or close or exact date date would one need to telephone DWP for the initial PIP 1 details Name address Bank etc?

2 if one rings say 12 August?
3 Does one get 4 weeks (excluding post dates) to complete and return PIP 2
Or is PIP 2 sent out after PIP 1 is completed : mainly over phone I understand and then
the 4 weeks inclusive of posting start eg PIP 2 arrives say 15 August posted 13 would one have 4 weeks from 13th August with a bit less for postage dates?
thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #234419 by Gordon
apple

1. 29th August

2. The PIP2 is issued once the PIP claim is made, It usually takes around seven days to arrive. You will have four weeks to complete and return the PIP2, this includes postage, there will be a date in the letter that comes with the PIP2 that tells you the date that it needs to be with the DWP,

If you need more time then there is a two week extension that can be requested,

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.