× Members

PIP expiring

More
4 years 11 months ago #234706 by BW59
PIP expiring was created by BW59
Hi, my son got a favourable PIP decision at tribunal a while back with some kind advice from yourselves. They gave a fixed end date which is now imminent, flagged up by Carer's Allowance telling us it was due to end. The PIP people should have given us 14 weeks notice and I complained that they didn't. They acknowledge that error, and assume I am satisfied with an apology. In hindsight, I wonder whether I should accept that as closure because potentially now we face (going by the last time) up to a year without my son getting any PIP and last time it was very difficult paying for his needs out of our own money?

The new application has been started and we await the form. DWP advised that to speed things up I should just fill in the sections with 'same as before' or 'worse than previous application'.

But: they stress that the assessment dept will do their own thing and may not prioritise potential reinstatement quickly irrespective of not being given the required 14 weeks notice letter, and that his capabilities have the same difficulties or in some instances worsened.

With another looking battle on our hands with up to a year without PIP for someone who clearly meets criteria having been given high and high at tribunal and had some worsening issues since, can you give any pointers for us to best deal with the task?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #234719 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP expiring
Hi BW59

I would think about putting in a written complaint to the DWP that you did not receive the form in plenty of time. At least then it is on record if you have to take the matter further.

Despite the advice you were given, I'm not sure that I would risk just filling in the sections with same as before unless you have that in writing. I don't know whether this has happened with PIP, but certainly, with ESA it was found where people did that they were disadvantaged when they wrote 'same as before' and didn't give any additional information when reviewed. Hopefully, you have a copy of the previous form, and I would use this information again, updating where necessary and trying to strengthen the places where you missed out on getting points the first time around.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: BW59

More
4 years 11 months ago #234723 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP expiring
BW59

Just to add to what BIS has said.

You should have received a PIP2, you must complete this in detail and provide evidence as you can even if it means sending the information again, they are not going to look at the information from your son's original claim, it will be all about what you write now.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.