× Members

ESA to UC?

More
4 years 10 months ago #234818 by duckduckdo
ESA to UC? was created by duckduckdo
Hi. I have been in the CB ESA Support group for several years now. When I was made redundant through ill health I originally claimed JC. Although I come under LEEDS I live much nearer to Harrogate, and requested I attend Harrogate JC, which I did. My partner who has his own business is moving in with me imminently. I will have to advise DWP but worried that this may cause a change to UC as Harrogate is being trialed. If this is the case what could the implications be being taken from ESA support group to claiming UC? Is UC based on income and savings or do they have the equivalent of CB Support Group ESA. The reason I ask is because I thought I would get my pension at 60, as had no notification that it had changed to 66. To be able to manage I had to reluctantly downsize to manage financially. The savings I have are from the downsizing which needs to last another 5 years.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234819 by duckduckdo
Replied by duckduckdo on topic CB ESA transfer to UC
I have just posted a q reguarding this, but forgot to add I am also in receipt of PIP, will this make any difference to your reply of previous q?

More
4 years 10 months ago #234822 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA to UC?
mememe

Your partner moving in is not a trigger for you to claim UC nor will your ESA(CB) be affected.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

More
4 years 10 months ago #234823 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic CB ESA transfer to UC

mememe wrote: I have just posted a q reguarding this, but forgot to add I am also in receipt of PIP, will this make any difference to your reply of previous q?

No, PIP is not a UC benefit.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.