× Members

Before Tribunal, Change of award by DWP

More
4 years 10 months ago #234882 by GS
We applied for a tribunal after being put on standard care instead of enhanced care, initially scoring 9pts. We had a letter yesterday stating that the tribunal would not now go ahead as the DWP had reconsidered their original decission and were now going to award us 13 pts. This was great news as it save us going to court. I just wondered if it was common for this to happen as I presume they reviewed they as and realised that they would have lost the case. I had not submitted any new evidence when requesting a tribunal, although we had collected quite a lot more that I would have presented at said tribunal.But as stated I just wondered if it is common for the DWP to change their minds at this state, as so many mandatory reconsiderations fail>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234884 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Before Tribunal, Change of award by DWP
Hi GS

Yes it does happen, not sure how common it is, but i know of someone who was phoned at 7:00 pm at night to be informed by DWP that they had reconsidered their original decision and awarded enhanced mobility and standard daily living, as this person lived on their own and was in the support group of ESA they also were entitled to a SDP which was also backdated to the PIP decision date. The person initially thought it was a hoax phone call as it was after 7:00pm.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: GS

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.