× Members

Sending off MR

More
4 years 10 months ago #234900 by JR
Sending off MR was created by JR
Hi everyone, my husband was awarded DLA from tribunal services back in 2011, high mobility and middle care, he was recently awarded standard rates of PIP from the change over from DLA to PIP.. I am sending off the MR tomorrow a whole 8 page 8453 worded document. Using the guide and help I found here...I was wondering if there was anywhere or anything relating how a " nurse " should comment or assess mental health? I note a judge made a statement regrading a physiotherapist in this area. The HP has for the most part ignored mental health and effects of this this in her HP report., where she had mentioned it, in her opinion " did not appear to be stressed or anxious"..any help out there please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #234901 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Sending off MR
Hi JR

All the staff who do the assessments undergo training including mental health training. The fact is although a lot of people don't like it, part of what they comment on their appearance and whether or not the claimant shows visible signs of distress. Claimants often dispute what is then written, but it is an opinion and if one is challenging it, then it's about offering evidence to counteract what has been said. Whatever you have written in your MR the most important thing is to emphasise the points where you hope to score more points. Although it's right to challenge an opinion of someone not looking distressed when they were - it would make no difference to the award as it is the specific criteria for the questions which counts.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.