× Members

UC decision inquiry

More
5 years 1 month ago #235030 by empress48
UC decision inquiry was created by empress48
My fiance has won his ESA tribunal on the 25th of June. He received 33 points (0 points awarded after the assessment) 15 points alone in the manual dexterity section.
Within a week of him winning, ESA acknowledged it and his ESA was back paid up to the day it stopped last year.
Which I thought was very swift and efficient. I was really impressed.
We thought that maybe within a couple of weeks his UC payment would be adjusted and updated.
We were so wrong.
On the 9th of July he was asked to go to the job center. He asked why he was summoned.
The work coach said because you are looking for work.
My fiance said no, I won my case at the tribunal. I have been awarded 33 points.
The work coach took his papers, read it and immediately apologised. He then made a note in his account to make sure he will not summoned again.
Then he asked, how many point he had after the assessment. And he just shook his head in disbelief when he heard it was zero. He then showed us on his screen that the UC decision was pending. And he said that it might take another week for it to update.
10 days later my fiance rang UC asking what was going on when he saw that he was only going to be paid £98 this month.
He then was told that by the person he spoke to that his case was still in the hands of the decision maker. And that their hands are tied. They couldn't ask the decision maker to hurry up.
My question is how long does it usually take from winning the case at the tribunal and the ESA responding until the decision makers look at a case and update it?
Atm I see a sloth sitting at a desk covered with papers. That's how it feels like.
My fiance who was so delighted to win the tribunal is now again depressed and anxious.
I am just plain angry :angry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #235033 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC decision inquiry
empress

I am worried that you are not aware of or have not realised what I would expect to have gone on with your fiance's UC claim while they waited for their appeal hearing.

Unless they have been able to work then I would expect them to have been assessed under UC to see whether they have Limited Capability for Work, this is consistent with you mentioning that a UC Decision Maker is involved as there is no requirement for one in regard to the Tribunal Decision which has already been put into effect.

This will be a new and later Decision and will supersede the Tribunal Decision, whatever it is. You mention a zero-point assessment, was this from the one that was appealed or one done under UC? If the latter then it could mean that no award will be made and you will have to appeal again.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #235053 by empress48
Replied by empress48 on topic UC decision inquiry
From what I know or what we are being told by the UC and the Job Center is that ESA got in touch with UC and his case is now in the hands of the UC decision maker.
All I wanted to know if anyone has had any experience in how long it took for the decision maker to actually make a decision. Because this is getting beyond a joke.

More
5 years 1 month ago #235070 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC decision inquiry
empress

We don't have any feedback for UC Decisions but I would expect 4-6 weeks so you are still within this timeframe, especially as it will have taken the ESA department some time to have notified UC about the appeal win.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #235073 by empress48
Replied by empress48 on topic UC decision inquiry
My fiance rang UC again today.
I think it depends who you get on the phone. He said straight away he'll get the person responsible. And 15 minutes later everything is sorted.
What a relief!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon, ivyfox

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.