× Members

my f2f assessment today

More
4 years 10 months ago #235094 by DSB
my f2f assessment today was created by DSB
Had my pip f2f today. There seemed to be people in reception and outside the building watching rather than cctv. I may be wrong but thats the impression I got. My assessment started on time at 2pm and lasted until 3:30pm. First question was do you live in a flat or house. Then do you have any pets. I said yes and that I share the dog with my ex. She asked if I had a dog walker. I said yes and explained that he is collected daily at 9am and comes home at 5pm and that the arrangement provides me with security and peace of mind as another person comes into my house. She then asked what I do in my spare time. Do I work. Where do I work, how I get to the office. Do I go in everyday. Then she asked if I had debt, what sort of debt and why I had the debt. Strange. She then moved on to my health issues and went through my medication. She then asked how I got to the assessment. I said I drove as the taxi I had arranged did not show up and I could not afford to pay over £40 for each trip to the assessment and again home. She asked where I parked. I confirmed in the car park across the road.After that she started asking questions to do with the descriptors - do you prepare food, what type of food, do I use aids. What type of food do I prepare, how long it takes etc.

Taking nutrition. Here she went into more depth about my diabetes, hypos, hypers and problems I might experience. She asked how many hypos I have, how many hypers. How long the last, symptoms, how I manage them etc

Managing Therapy - she went into my insulin regime, hypos and we discussed my blood levels and all the times I test.

Washing and bathing - asked if I had any aids, how long it takes, do I have problems getting in and out the bath, any dangers like falling or if I test my blood before. She also asked how many times a week I wash. How many times I had fallen.

Managing toilet...do I have any aids.

Dressing and undressing , how long it takes me, do I use any aids, pain, discomfort etc.

Communication...and engagement.... she asked about any issues especially when hypo or hyper and if pain stopped me from engaging.

Then we moved to moving about - i explained i cant use public transport because I live far from a station and theres too much walking involved. She asked about my car if its auto, controls by hand and my drivers licence. Explained it was provisional. Said I would have more independence if I had a blue badge. Said I avoided shopping etc as distance was an issue. She asked how many times I go to the shops.

For the last descriptor she just asked how far my car was from my house. How far the car parking was away from my office entrance. How far the lift was from the building entrance and how far my desk was from the lift. Last question was...when walking, after how many meters do I need a rest and how long do I rest for.

She then just asked about recent hospital appointments.

She was a physio. Her knowledge on my medication and health issues wasnt that great by the questions she asked. I also felt she was not listening to every thing as she did abruptly move on even while I was talking. She just kept saying ye, ye, ye the whole time.

Then we moved to the physical assessment. She asked me to go to the treatment bed and sit on. I had to put my feet on the bed. She tested my hands grip, the I had to move my head from side to side, forward , backward. Put my arms behind my back the up.

I then had to stay seated and move my feet to the floor. She asked me to bend down as much as I could, then lift one leg at a time then point my feet. I did try but moved only a little.

I then gave her my notes I used when going through the descriptors, another doctors letter and printouts of my blood glucose levels and hypos.

I then hobbled out very slowly. Reception opened the door. I left. After about 10m I sat and rested on a little wall for about 2 mins then crossed the road and got into my car. Rested for a few minutes then drove off. Felt like a man outside was watching me.

Have no idea how it went.

Feeling completely drained and fatigued

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #235100 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic my f2f assessment today
Hi DSB

You can ring in a few days and request your assessment report should you wish to. Some reports have been uploaded very quickly, some have been taking a lot longer.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.