× Members

Re PIP

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #237039 by hoover1
Re PIP was created by hoover1
In 2016 I was Changed from DLA to PIP and although I had been on High Rate Mobility and low rate care.for many years SURPRISE SURPRISE Atos threw it out. I had Mandatory Reconsideration and they passed me for High Rate Care and High Rate Mobility for 10 years. Writing and saying I will not be Questioned again until after 2026 10 years.. This year I received forms saying thank you for telling us about a change. I phoned DWP and asked why after only two years this form had been sent out. They had no idea and said its probably a mistake so write NO CHANGE on every page and return it Which I did.
2 days later I received a text message asking me to attend a Face to Face. I questioned it and was told now it was in the process I would have to carry it out.
I attended the face to face which as per usual was disgraceful and horrendous. Two days later ESA paperwork came and I was asked to g for ESA face to face,
The PIP face to Face threw it out SURPRISE SUPRISE but the ESA which was conducted by someone who used to work in Orthopaedics got passed 2 weeks later after ONLY HALF an interview as he understood perfectly what was wrong. He did not even have to examine me as he could see for himself the extent of my Disability. I went for mandatory for PIP and that was refused . The letter had errors in it from the DWP saying they had put money in my account which they had not. The dates were all wrong and it stated that they had used the 2016 forms which had originally passed me high rate both sections. So by refusing me two years later they were contradicting their own department. Also as ESA had passed me I was supposed to be passed on mobility apparently with PIP. I phoned DWP and actually got put through to a case Manager who AT LAST had the sense to see where I was coming from and has asked if I have already sent my APPEAL off. As I have not yet sent it She has told me not to send it and she is going to look at it as it is all wrong.. I am hoping this means good news. I cannot see how an Appeal would not overturn this in my favour. What do any of you think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #237042 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Re PIP
Hi Hoover1

What a truly horrendous time you have had. The first thing I would do is write a letter to the DWP confirming the conversation you had with the case manager. Hopefully, you have a name. It is up to you what you want to do next and it depends how much you trust what she told you. You might still want to put in for an appeal anyway, so if nothing happens with this case manager you already have the appeal started.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hoover1

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237261 by hoover1
Replied by hoover1 on topic Re PIP
GOOD NEWS,
All my case has been re investigated and I have been passed High Rate both until 2029
It has been a long haul but I think they realised we had them over a barrel

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237264 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Re PIP
Hi Hoover1

Saw your other post. So glad you got such a good result after the truly horrendous time you've had. You can rest easy now.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.