× Members

PIP Forms not Signed for at the PIP Address

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237324 by Fiona H
Hello everyone!

I am new here and have just had the most frustrating experience as I posted yesterday my PIP Application Form so it could be in time for my cut off date which is today 13/9/19. I sent the form via the Royal Mail Special Delivery service which guarantees delivery by 1pm the next day.

When I went to look online via the Royal Mail's Track and Trace website I saw that it had been signed for but by the North West Midlands Royal Mail Centre and not by the PIP section of the DWP.

I spent over half and hour on the phone to the PIP section of the DWP and no-one could tell me if my parcel of sensitive medical information together with the PIP Application had actually arrived there. I was told to contact the Royal Mail to ask them. The Royal Mail told me that they could not disclose the terms under which they had a contract to process items for the DWP. All I wanted to know was where was all of my medical information and had it arrived at the DWP in time for the cut off date.

From what I understand the Royal Mail signs as delivered for all Special Delivery and Recorded Delivery items sent to the DWP at one of their Royal Mail centres.How illogical and I thought it would be signed for at the DWP centre to which I had posted it and of course it was not which caused numerous phone calls and frustration.

As a high functioning Aspergers Syndrome person who sees things logically this has caused me no end of frustration and my question is I have really understood the situation correctly?

If so I just cannot understand why the DWP doesn't make this obvious to claimants and then all of my worry and frustration would not have been needed. But when did the DWP ever try to make things simple for claimants? :whistle:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #237326 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Forms not Signed for at the PIP Address
Fiona

All DWP mail goes to their mail handling site at Wolverhampton, whilst I understand that this is manned by Royal Mail staff as far as I am aware this is a DWP building and not a Royal Mail one.

I'm afraid it is a while since I have had to send anything to the DWP using a Tracked post so I can't remember what showed on the RM tracking system but I have never had a problem with the DWP being able to state whether the letter had arrived or not.

They now scan all PIP related letters so subject to any delays or queues in doing this the computer system shows what has been received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fiona H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.