× Members

2 weeks from form receipt to appointment letter

More
5 years 1 week ago #237652 by Christine J
I'm not sure whether to be hopeful or concerned with this. My pip form had to be back by 31st August and I sent it on 29th. I received an acknowledgement. I believed it would be 6-8 weeks until a f2f but they wrote to me on 15th September inviting me to a f2f on 30th September with Independent Assessment Services . I know the letters are generic but I'm guessing they haven't asked for further evidence from a medical professional like it states in the letter. GPs etc don't turn around requests that quickly. Have they already made their decision I wonder? Just doing a f2f to tick a box? Feeling very anxious :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #237653 by BIS
Hi CJ

Assessment dates can come quite quickly after a form is received by the DWP. Some times it can be as soon as two weeks - so it is not surprising that you heard so early. There are standard letters but if your says they have asked for further evidence then they have done so - because that sentence does not appear in all letters. They have not already made a decision or you would not have been invited to a f2f.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 week ago #237664 by magdelena
Replied by magdelena on topic 2 weeks from form receipt to appointment letter
CJ,

My husband had the exact same experience, from sending back the PIP form through to the f2f was around three weeks. His acknowledgement letter from Capita came a week or so after I returned the form, and the f2f came ten days after that.

So don’t worry, simply focus on preparing yourself for the assessment. We did a dry run the Sunday before the appointment so we were free of concerns about getting there and parking. I do recommend this as you need all your resources for the assessment.

They didn’t seek any further medical evidence for my husband but we did provide four letters of support, one of which we took to the assessment with us and sent to the DWP after. The other three we sent in with the PIP form.

I hope it goes well for you.

More
5 years 1 week ago #237665 by Seasider1956
Replied by Seasider1956 on topic 2 weeks from form receipt to appointment letter
My form was sent back and had face 2 face done and dusted before date they said I had to have form back 13 Sept F2F on 12th, so from first phone call all done in 2 weeks, but it was the worst 2 hours ever spent, still waiting for decision though.

More
5 years 6 days ago #237717 by Christine J
Replied by Christine J on topic 2 weeks from form receipt to appointment letter
Thanks for the response BIS. I just think it's odd that they have received my form, read it, asked for further evidence from my GP (this is all I could say on the form because I've not seen anyone else for more than a year) and received a comprehensive response and then replied to me in the space of 2 weeks. My experience of anyone requesting any kind of report from a gp tends to take a long time, not just from a patient point of view. Occupational health requests take a couple of months. However as my GP practice is a partnership they have no idea who I am on a personal level and probably just sent them clinical notes!

More
5 years 6 days ago #237718 by BIS
Hi CJ

They say they have requested the information. It doesn't mean they have received it. They can quite easily call you for the face to face and still await the arrival of the GP report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.