× Members

DLA to PIP

More
5 years 1 week ago #237705 by Nearlydan
DLA to PIP was created by Nearlydan
I’ve recently completed the move from DLA to PIP. The whole process took approximately 4 months from start to finish, the first month of which was solely taken up with completing the “How Your Disability Effects You” booklet. I made extensive use of the guides and took my time in order to be thorough - at one point I rang them and requested a 2-week extension which they seemed happy to grant. However, as things turned out all that hard work was most definitely worth it.
I was upgraded from Lower Rate Care DLA only, to Standard Rate Daily Living PIP, plus Enhanced Rate Mobility PIP. This is a significant increase in my finances and the award has been extended from 1 year to 3 years on the recommendation of the Doctor who undertook my very thorough assessment.
The good news does not end there, however... As a result of a review into my Income Related ESA, it seems I qualify for Severe Disability Premium which has been back dated 12 months. This has resulted in a big jump in the level of my ESA, so much so in fact that when the first payment went into my bank I felt obliged to phone DWP in order to ensure a mistake had not been made.
I cannot thank Benefits and Work enough for the invaluable information within the guides. I found the process very time consuming but ultimately worthwhile. The result must have impressed the Doctor conducting my assessment because she commented upon how thorough my application was, saying how much more straightforward it made her job.
So thank you - it gives me considerable pleasure to be able to report a good news story for once!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #237713 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic DLA to PIP
Hi Nearlydan

I have moved your post - as it was on someone else's where they had been asking questions and we try not to muddle them.

Congratulations on your PIP award and the extra money you are now receiving for ESA. Great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserChrisDavid
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.