× Members

PIP success - council tax and rent fail

More
4 years 6 months ago #238972 by jobich
I just got the awful brown envelope this morning. Laying there on the doormat, my fate wrapped in brown paper.
Next to it, a letter from the council which always makes me feel ill.
I opened the council one first. It said as my DLA has been amended my two sons who still live with us have to pay some rent and council tax because they are not in work...
Previously they were discounted as non dependents as I was in receipt of DLA..
Neither are currently in work but not claiming benefits as they are both expecting to be back in work soon.

Second letter, the big one. I have been transferred to PIP , both enhanced rates for ongoing period.
I can’t thank you enough. It’s because of you being here that I was able to fill out my form accurately, because you are here I trusted that I had given myself a reasonable chance.

There are a few things that aren’t noted properly and fully when awarding points but I’m happy to leave it as it is, I don’t want to rock the boat.

So, a tale of two halves. If anyone has any clue what the situation is regarding non dependants and disabled council tenants it would be so helpful.
Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 6 months ago #238977 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP success - council tax and rent fail
Lesley

Congratulations on the award, well done.

Check with your Local Authority, your PIP award should exempt you in the same way as your DLA one did.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.