× Members

Post Tribunal Phone Call

More
4 years 2 months ago #242714 by LesAC
Post Tribunal Phone Call was created by LesAC
Hello
My friend’s appeal to the First-Tier Tribunal was allowed just before Christmas. Many thanks are due to B&W for the many documents you make available that helped this outcome.

Late yesterday afternoon she got a call, presumably from DWP, asking for her by name and confirming the tribunal decision. The caller said she had a few questions to ask but if she didn’t feel comfortable she would give her an 0800 number to call whenever she liked. The caller’s number was withheld.

The caller said she wanted no details, only the basic answers. The questions were:
How old will you be this year – not your birth date, just your age?
Where was the Tribunal held?
What is the name of your bank or building society – no account details, please, just the name?

The caller then said she would receive a backdated payment in 5 working days and a letter would arrive before that. My friend asked where she was and she said Liverpool.

My friend was only curious to hear the questions. If they had asked for details she would have put the phone down. When she called me about it I said it sounded like a basic security check done by an outworker.

After 10 months of double-checking everything in her submissions to DWP and Tribunal, maybe I’m being over-cautious, but I haven’t been able to find anyone else mentioning such a call. If anyone can confirm this as standard practice, it will put my frazzled mind at rest.

Thanks again B&W.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #242715 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Post Tribunal Phone Call
Hi LesAC

I cannot tell you whether this call was legitimate - it sounds strange. I would ring the DWP and ask them. It is the only way to set your mind at rest.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.