× Members

Successful pip claim but no paperwork to verify ra

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 days ago #246353 by headabovethewater
Successful pip claim but no paperwork to verify ra was created by headabovethewater
I started my pip claim back in January, 1st ever claim, provided lots of paperwork and had a home assessment. Today I have woken up to £ 603.77 with ref pip and my ni number. Thank you for the amazing help on these forums, I really was expecting to have to fight. I have received no paperwork, obviously they are now busier than ever, but does anyone know how to work out from the amount what I've been rewarded? Would the one payment include and back pay?
Thank you for any advice, stay safe everyone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 days ago #246355 by BIS
Hi Headabovethewater

So glad you have received some money - so you claim has come through. Honestly, we can't tell you from what point you have been paid, or even what you are being paid. You need to wait until your paperwork comes through. I don't think it will be very long.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater, hakim

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 2 days ago #246431 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic Successful pip claim but no paperwork to verify ra
Thank you again. I managed to get through and have been awarded from 8th January 2020 standard daily living scoring 8 points and no mobility as only 4 points. Awarded until 2024. The amount paid was the back pay. Obviously in this climate, husband now has no work due to not being a key worker and works for himself - we are very grateful for anything. I do feel the award should be higher daily and standard mobility. How do I go about contesting it? Is it worth trying or will they stop the awarded payment whilst I appeal the decision? Can you even appeal during this time? Thank you for any advice
The following user(s) said Thank You: hakim

More
4 years 2 days ago #246438 by BIS
Hi Headabovethewater

The first stage to challenging a Decision is for you to request a Mandatory Reconsideration, this needs to be done in writing to the DWP, within one month of the Decision, to the office that dealt with your claim, have a look at our PIP MR & Appeal guide for details of the process, the PIP area also has template letters that you can use to make the request with.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

They are working on current cases so there should be no problem with this even in the current circumstances.

You should contact the DWP for a copy of the assessment report if you have not already done so, I would phone them but again follow up the request in writing. Once you have the assessment report you will have a better understanding of how the DWP Decision Maker has come to their conclusions and will then be able to argue against them.

Your primary task is to show that you meet the criteria, there are many reasons you may have failed, you need to address each of these but don't get bogged down in criticising the assessment report unless you can clearly show that it is incorrect, it is a lot easier to argue the facts of the situation;

"the assessor recorded that I walked 50m, I did but they have failed to document that I had to stop every 10m for a rest due to breathlessness"

than their opinions

"based on my observations of the claimant walking I believe that they can reliably walk more than 200m.

When you have a better idea of the issues with your claim, come back to the forum and we will do our best to help.

You will be paid the award you are given regardless of whether you put in for a mandatory reconsideration.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: headabovethewater

• headabovethewater
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 11 months ago #246543 by headabovethewater
Replied by headabovethewater on topic Successful pip claim but no paperwork to verify ra
Thank you for all the advice. I am grateful to receive anything in this climate . However having digested the info I have in my points, I got standard daily 8pts and 4 so no award for mobility . I agree with standard though the points should have been higher - but I do feel I should have been awarded lower mobility.
I have only spoken with dwp to ask what I had been awarded. After telling me ny award The lady asked if I had seen my assessment report, I said no and she offered to post it.
I have read somewhere, but now cant find it, that I should back this request up in writing - what do I say as I am concerned has that started the 30days to do MR? Does it automatically start the 30 days or will I have time to digest the assessment and then begin Mr?
Many thanks for any advice .

More
3 years 11 months ago #246550 by BIS
Hi Headabovethewater

You have one month from the date on the decision letter to put in for a mandatory reconsideration. (Don't leave it until the very last minute), Once you have rang to say you are requesting an MR - that's when you want to put a letter of confirmation in the post.

BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.