× Members

Another shocker

More
3 years 10 months ago #248231 by Bud
Another shocker was created by Bud
Hi all

Had a letter in post today for DWP which I imagined would be a letter saying no to MR for partner, by page 2 it was talking arrears ... We checked the bank & money had been paid in yesterday. Although we've had no letter yet but it looks like it's the backpay for SDP, & according to my calculations they've given him Standard Daily Living on MR. He did however get enhanced before, but we're still ecstatic with this result. As soon as we get the letter I shall be appealing as he's got lots of newly diagnosed stuff & I have evidence all printed off all ready & waiting as we certainly didn't expect this.

Thanks to all at B&W, & Good Luck to everyone!
The following user(s) said Thank You: wing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #248244 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another shocker
Hi Bud

Glad your partner has received something. Good luck with the next stage.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
3 years 10 months ago #248260 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Another shocker
Sorry didn’t mean to say arrears, it was X amount paid into your account which I thought was just another mistake made by DWP.

Just in case anyone’s interested the MR process took almost 16 weeks. In that time I rang them twice, but all they could tell me was that it was with someone & hadn’t yet
been looked at.

Thanks BIS
The following user(s) said Thank You: wing

More
3 years 10 months ago #248335 by wing
Replied by wing on topic Another shocker
Well done Bud on getting something and good luck with the appeal.

I am still waiting since February for decision on MR. They said it could be 12 weeks when I rang them in March.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud

More
3 years 10 months ago #248348 by Bud
Replied by Bud on topic Another shocker
Just to report back, the letter arrived today from DWP about the PIP MR, it was SDL that he got. So now I'm going through it & prepping something to add to the the appeal form.

Although the letter's dated 23 May & these benefits changed in April, yet they they still have the old rates listed. It's got £58.70 instead of £59.70 for SDL, & £23.20 instead of £23.60 for standard mobility. You'd think that they could at least get this right, although they pay little attention to anything else that you say so it's to be expected really.

What does a second line antidepressant mean?

More
3 years 10 months ago #248356 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Another shocker
Hi Bud

They are a group of antidepressants that are prescribed after other antidepressants have failed.

You can read about them here

bnf.nice.org.uk/treatment-summary/antidepressant-drugs.html

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.