× Members

Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP

More
1 year 9 months ago #271104 by NannaShaz
Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP was created by NannaShaz
Hello all

I have my phone assessment tomorrow bright and early and wondered if there was anyone who has successfully for PMR ??

Would also be really grateful for advice on symptoms improvement because while i'm on steroids, my functionality has improved but i am tapering down and the symptoms and pain etc are coming back, suggesting that my underlying condition has not actually improved with treatment. Realise i need to take care what i say .....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271114 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP
Hi NannaShaz

It's very close to your assessment so I don't know whether any other member will answer.

You are right to be cautious about what you say, particularly as they can't see you.

Make sure you scan the advice about a telephone assessment and what you might be asked. There is nearly always a question which will appear to try and catch you out. (Page 109) benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

Good luck tomorrow.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271132 by NannaShaz
Replied by NannaShaz on topic Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP
thanks ever so much....i didnt see your response before i had the call...i did my best...i will check this link and update when i've read the tips. My call lasted 1 and 40 minutes, was utterly drained when i came off.

Thanks again, appreciate the response and tip ;-)
NannaShaz

More
1 year 9 months ago #271149 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP
Hi NannaShaz

For eight hours after your assessment, you can ring the DWP if you wish and ask for a copy of your assessment report. It is called a PA4. This will give you an idea of what the assessor has said.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 9 months ago #271269 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP
Hi NannaShaz

BIS means 48 hours after your assessment contact DWP and ask for a copy of the assessors report called a PA4.

Gary

More
1 year 8 months ago #271833 by NannaShaz
Replied by NannaShaz on topic Polymyalgia Rheumatica & PIP
Hello Gary

Thank you for your last. Am still awaiting the decision and have received a letter today stating they have all the info they need now and will write again once a decision is made.

Will update further once I hear either way.
All my best
NannaShaz

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.