× Members

PIP Assessment 0 points

More
1 year 9 months ago #271829 by Tom
PIP Assessment 0 points was created by Tom
Hi. I've had my PIP assessment result letter come today and was shocked to be awarded no points. From using your PIP test tool I think I should have received 20 points. Anyway, before I do a Mandatory Reconsideration I have a question. Does everything with PIP come down to if you have help or use an aid? For example, I cannot budget because of reasons relating to my mental health. I don't have assistance with this - my finances are in a mess. Because I don't have assistance or someone in control of my budgeting, does this automatically mean I get no points, even though I have this problem? I would argue that I need help even if I don't have it so therefore am entitled to points?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #271834 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Assessment 0 points
Hi Tom I'm sorry this has happened to you. The first thing you want to do is to get hold of the assessment report. This is called a PA4 and it should be available from the DWP 48 hours after the assessment. Don't let anyone try and tell you, you can't have it When you get the report, it will give you more details of why the assessor didn't award you any points and will help you in trying to get the decision overturned during the mandatory reconsideration stage. Be aware that reports often make claimants very angry particularly if they are peppered with mistakes. The assessor only offers an opinion and it is up to you to show that they were wrong in their decision-making. Also do have a look at our guide on how to put in for a mandatory reconsideration. I also advise people to look back and think is there anything that they did not explain well on the form, that they need to do better. benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip If someone doesn't get help (eg for budgeting) - it doesn't automatically mean they don't score points. Either the assessor hasn't listened or interpreted what they have been told correctly or the claimant hasn't linked the answer correctly to the health problems. Do come back and ask if you have any further questions

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 1 year 9 months ago by BIS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom

More
1 year 9 months ago #272168 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic PIP Assessment 0 points
Hi Tom, I would use the term ‘underlying need’ and back up with examples as to why… If you access any support agencies ask them for a support letter. Good Luck.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.