× Members

PIP review brought forward by 17 months is this right?

More
1 year 9 months ago #271830 by StanB61
Hi
New subscriber, please be gentle with me

Ok, I have a PIP award letter valid until November 23, Imagine my surprise when I received a PIP Review letter last week so I rang them and was told there trying to clear the massive backlog?? that makes no sense I told them I'm not backlogged I have 17 months left they replied saying all the correspondence backward/forward to do a review can take months and fill it all out any way, he assured me that the Nov 2023 award was good and valid. I then put it to him what if my review comes back and I've lost all or parts of it when would the changes take place he then became very vague neither confirming nor denying when any new changes would be this year or next he didn't seem to know what he was doing, to be honest as anyone else had this and can anyone advise me
many thanks
Stan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #271832 by BIS
Hi StanB61

Welcome to the forum. If you want to find out where things are on the site you can do so here benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq

With regard to your PIP, it is unfortunate that you have been sent a review form so early. Normally the DWP send out the form up to a year before the end date - so you would have expected a form anytime from Nov 22. Goodness knows why it has come so early, but the DWP have the right to review at any time, so unfortunately you will have to complete the form.

Also, I'm sorry to tell you, but the person you spoke to was disingenuous with the information they gave you. When you send back the form and a new award is made - that award will override the current one you have in place. So - if for example after you have sent back your form, you have an assessment and then an award is made in Dec 22 - it doesn't matter that you have an award up to Nov 23 - the new award would start from Dec 22. This is the way PIP works for everyone.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.