× Members

MR no change

More
1 year 10 months ago #271849 by lauren
MR no change was created by lauren
Hi just heard there is no change after sending in my Mandatory Reconsideration request.I am wondering what to do I feel so warn down.This along with symptoms makes me want to just leave it.I have tried to find out for sure but if I go to appeal will PIP payments continue before the hearing and also what are your thoughts on a paper based hearing vs being present at the tribunal as I don’t think I could face being present.Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #271861 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic MR no change
Hi lauren

The first thing I need to ask you, do you have a copy of the assessors report, if you do not then contact DWP and ask for a copy, it is called a PA4.

I come across many claimants who have been awarded zero points for both the initial claim and their MR claim, usually they have not applied for the assessors report before completing their MR claim. Once they get the assessors report and go through it with a high lighter highlighting any inaccuracies and then complete a submission.

There are different ways in completing a submission, the way I do a submission from the assessors report, I write what the assessor has awarded then I write what I believe should have been awarded and why, the why is the important part especially if you can match it with any medical evidence or supporting documents.

The assessor opinion may have ticked

Activity
1 preparing food (a) can prepare and cook a simple meal unaided

if I believe they may need supervision or assistance then I would type; I believe I should have been awarded (e) due to the follow reasons;

if you can't cut up vegetables, you say why not.

1, Because of frequent bouts of dizziness I am only able to sit down for a few minutes (try and say what few is). and then I need to go and lay down.

2. Handling knives is impossible because of the lack of grip and safety issues and the real danger of hurting myself, which is why someone does all the cooking.

3. Because of the lack of grip I am unable to move pans, as I would drop them. I don't have the balance of strength.

4. Nor could I take a ready meal and put in in the microwave (you need to say why you can't do this - balance, grip, dizziness, lifting something out - the danger of burning and hurting yourself, being unable to stand).

5. I cannot sit on a perching stool (because of the dizziness).

Lauren, do not give up, as the saying goes; if at first you don't succeed (initial claim), try (Mandatory Reconsideration) and try again (Tribunal)

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lauren

More
1 year 10 months ago #271870 by lauren
Replied by lauren on topic MR no change
Thanks Gary yes I have a report.I will try to calm myself down and then have a think.It’s such an unfair system.Some if us are in so much pain and discomfort and it doesn’t seem to matter to them.

Thanks again

More
1 year 10 months ago #271877 by greekqueen
Replied by greekqueen on topic MR no change
Hi Lauren, your PIP payments will continue and you can indeed go for paper based decision, I have done this for all tribunal cases I have dealt with. I would suggest sending as much evidence as you can though, medical notes, diary, medical letters, letters from people who know you, summary assessment.

Not changing awards after an MR is classic DWP.

If after you apply for tribunal PIP phone you saying they want to offer you a new award, don't think you have to accept their first offer, take the time to think about it, unless it's what you want.

Go for it!

Good luck

Greekqueen

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: lauren, SUE C C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.